Out of date software bonanza for me

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Out of date software bonanza for me

Post by Commie_User »

One of my better bargain buys, a bag of old programs and samples for £35.
Very nice. I've got the magazines for a lot of these as well and I think they're becoming very collectable already.
Very nice. I've got the magazines for a lot of these as well and I think they're becoming very collectable already.
Long forgotten but much valued!.jpg (217.74 KiB) Viewed 5796 times

Orchestra software, samples of organs and basses and drums and stuff, teacher software still sealed after 12 years, recording suites.... just dumped in a cloth bag at a junk shop. What times we live in.

The Sound On Sounds, still sealed, were probably worth the money on their own, considering how much they charge at the publication. And many old plugins have their own character, now time enough's gone by to judge them.

I haven't tried the 'drumpler' with the latest issue yet but now there's all this to wade through. And I'm very much looking forward to it.

(Most of those Laserdiscs are still unwatched too, come to think. Now this is one overstacked workload I don't mind.)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Out of date software bonanza for me

Post by Chris Abbott »

Indeed... time is the one thing there doesn't seem to be enough of....
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

Yeah, look at that. Time to get excited in, alright....

String samples, sampler, drumpler and set for it, plugin effects, Hammond organ... and those the six discs on top!
String samples, sampler, drumpler and set for it, plugin effects, Hammond organ... and those the six discs on top!
happy bag.jpg (243.83 KiB) Viewed 5784 times

Old. But still good enough to stand and becoming collectible as hell.

Great condition too. I really want some money when I put the studio on Ebay as an old man.
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

I see you have Dance eJay (3?) in there as well. It's a crappy program by today's standards, but as a child it was endless fun making tracks. I remember having tons of fun with Dance eJay 1, 3, and Rave Ejay 1 after school for years. :D
Check out my website.
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

Ejay Dance +2, that one. I always thought Ejay too clumsy even for a toy. But I have enjoyed using its samples with other software, which go very well with my DJX 2: http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/dec00/a ... ahadjx.asp .

All great period relics. And they make me look again at even older software for my Amiga or Commie.

I'm going on a bit aren't I. But well, with gold this good, you do flash the bling.

Not a mark on them. And demo versions of software now unavailable.

A real birthday present for myself, albeit a fortnight late.