Bought a C64 :D

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Re: Bought a C64 :D

Post by Analog-X64 »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:There's a chap on another Commodore-board I visit who moaned excessively about the 1541U being too costly for his wallet, and how he'd rather get an SD2IEC. A few months after going for the cheaper option, he caved in and bought a 1541 Ultimate anyway.

The moral being that if you go for the good stuff straight away, you'll probably end up spending less money.
If you save one dollar, pound or euro a day in a years time that's 365 saved, you can buy anything from this hobby and not feel guilty, otherwise I cant justify spending that kind of money while I have mortgage, car, land taxes and other bills to pay.

I looked at some of the cheaper options and they have compatibility issues and the way the .D64 has to be loaded on some is cumbersome.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Bought a C64 :D

Post by Commie_User »

But first things first I suppose, Sub. Which games are you plumping for in the end?

I can also add Bomb Jack, Falcon Patrol, Bounder, Krakout, Spore, Auf Weidersehen Monty, Turbo Outrun, 1943, Klax, Ms. Pacman, Fiendish Freddy's Big Top, Future Knight, Spore, Action Biker and Turrican 2 to the list of titles I thoroughly enjoyed when I finally got my own machine. (Can't remember if I liked Midnight Resistance though.) And the SEUCK, which I can now use for waveform sampling.

There was also the Commie version of the Spectrum's Jetpac, which I can't remember the name of.

God mate, there's just so much there.

And of course getting even a basic disk image system is well worth it for grasping all those online games for free. Including the City Bomber Preview (which never saw full release), which came free with Commodore Format 48, I think.

http://csdb.dk/search/?seinsel=all&sear ... -119&Go=Go