About remix requests

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
pepak
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

About remix requests

Post by pepak »

Hi!

I wonder, what are the rules and conventions for remix requests? As in, suppose that there are some pieces which I would like remixed, preferably in my favorite style. Can I post such requests? Suppose that I wanted to motivate the remixers by offering payment for such remixes - would that be possible? And what would be a reasonable amount? Can it be done at all, considering that the musics are copyrighted by the original composers (who may not be 100% certain in some cases) and likely the particular games' publishers?

Thanks.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: About remix requests

Post by Chris Abbott »

Post requests by all means.

I think it's one of those things where if one person pays another person for the work involved in doing a remix, that's something between those two people. It's not for distribution or publishing.

I would say that offering money is a double-edged sword. What if you don't like the remix attempt they come up with? Are you going to be that guy who says "Go away and do it again, or I won't pay you?"

Best to just throw it out there, and see if someone is enthusiastic enough to pick it up. But don't just do it here, there's too few people reading. Facebook groups or even Twitter would be fine to publicise your request.
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
pepak
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: About remix requests

Post by pepak »

Thanks for the heads-up. I will try to formulate my requests properly and see what happens.