Bitlive Brigthon 2015

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Bitlive Brigthon 2015

Post by tas »

Why support it?

Have you ever been? have you the memories of how great these events are? have you enjoyed the live acts? made friends? kept in contact with people you never thought you would have even spoken to? Got pissed to the point the next day you didn't even know you attended?

Never attended?

Even more reason to support it... we are all in this together aren't we? it could be the last ever! you love this stuff? remixes? imagine them live? you can't make it, that's sad! one day you could! you'll have missed it completely, it's passed you by! backing it now, might in future get you there.

Have attended in the past, can't now?

Cos you can't! REMEMBER! remember how much fun it was, donate to the kickstarter project and cos you've been before others maybe have not. Just give the project £5 that's all. Some will have been there before and enjoyed it.

Support the scene! it doesn't have to die if you don't want it to!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/c6 ... -of-c64-mu
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Bitlive Brigthon 2015

Post by Chris Abbott »

Thanks Neil... BIT Live has a highlight for everyone who went over the years... and we'll keep plugging in the hope that people remember how awesome it is. Either that or I'll get Ben Daglish to beat them up. That would work too ;-)
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
tomsk
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by tomsk »

I'm sure there are a few people sitting on the fence, wondering if going to an event like this is for them ? Perhaps some people don't know anyone in person to come along with, and that might seem off putting. But let me tell you, once you arrive you'll find friends and people to hang with and chat to. I recall Tony from Australia. He made the journey and the effort and I bumped into him simply because he was lost looking for his digs and I was wearing a C64 t-shirt. For the rest of the event hung around with our small group, making inroads with other remixers and SID fans in the pub.

Basically you're not alone at an event like this. The music, the scene, the banter and the beer. It won't take long to find friends or meet new ones. So if you are sitting on the fence, thinking any of the above, let me re-assure you - as one who did the same thing, you really don't want to let this opportunity slip you by, as Tas says, this could well be it, and you'll never know what you missed out on.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Last few hours, almost 90% funded as I write this... and it's important to upgrade the pledges for the aftershow in Kickstarter itself now, to try and bump up the total...
ElliotM
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by ElliotM »

Not having been to the actual venue, despite living in Brighton & Hove, I'm wondering what the seating layout is & where exactly are these "Premium Balcony Seats" in relation to the standard £35 seats ? :?:

Normally, I assume balcony seats are high up miles from the stage and not exactly premium, but I may be wrong? :confusion:

Looking forward to your urgent reply.
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

This might help - it's from the Church's own Facebook presence and also on their website:

https://www.facebook.com/StGeorgesChurc ... =1&theater

The stage is top middle of the shot, so the balcony view is probably either side with no pillars or obstructions.
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

No, balcony I was talking about is directly in front of the stage and a bit elevated, no limited view. However, you also get a great view from the balcony immediately above the bands: it's apparently the favourite place of fans of other acts when they play that venue. There's lots of balcony space that you wouldn't want to put people in (limited view) so we didn't.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Basically, the balcony continues round continuously, but you can't see that from the photo.