RKO 2015-Complete torrent released

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

RKO 2015-Complete torrent released

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Happy New Year, Everyone!

With the passing of the old year comes the annual torrent. This time it's a 1,06 Gb archive containing the 129 remixes published on RKO during 2015.

If you can help seed this, please do so - even if you already have all the files sitting on your harddrive. I'll keep the initial seed going for as long as I can, but I've got limited bandwidth to spare, and this computer isn't switched on 24/7.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: RKO 2015-Complete torrent released

Post by Chris Abbott »

Yay!
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Awesome... I will this weekend. My main PC and Torrent PC both died on December 31st. I'm rebuilding another one from spare parts.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
zdooder

Post by zdooder »

Is this still downloadable? I have been idling on the torrent for several days now and it doesn't appear that there are any seeders? Or am I doing something wrong?
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I've reactivated the initial seed again, so feel free to have another go at it. That being said, my bt client can't connect to openbittorrent or publicbt at the moment, so you'll might have to enable DHT/PEX for your client to discover the seeds.

Anyone else willing to resume seeding and help zdooder (and possibly others like him) catch up?
zdooder

Post by zdooder »

Thanks, Jan! That seemed to help, and I was able to get it downloaded. I didn't realize that seeds were so rare, so I'll keep the torrents I have open and seeding now (and get the rest and seed them for good measure). Cheers!
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

No problem, and thanks for helping to seed.

I'll keep my seed running at least overnight in case anyone else have bits left to grab. That being said, there hasn't been any activity for the past 90+ minutes at this end, so I'll guess everyone have what they need right now.
RanZ

Post by RanZ »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:No problem, and thanks for helping to seed.

I'll keep my seed running at least overnight in case anyone else have bits left to grab. That being said, there hasn't been any activity for the past 90+ minutes at this end, so I'll guess everyone have what they need right now.
Please reseed :)

have searched on udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80 and it seems to have been down a long time, mybe dead.

when i have sent files to friends i have used http://dutchtracking.com/
it works great and is fast.

maybe it's time to change all the RKO Complete torrents to another tracker.

I will help seeding them for a long time.
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

RanZ wrote:when i have sent files to friends i have used http://dutchtracking.com/
it works great and is fast.

maybe it's time to change all the RKO Complete torrents to another tracker.

I will help seeding them for a long time.
I am seeding the 2015-Complete torrent now. Not sure if others are doing the same thing. At any rate, you stand a much better chance of locating seeds if you enable DHT/PEX as that removes the need for having a tracker.

That being said, I'm open to switching trackers. Back when the slayradio tracker keeled over, I chose openbittorrent.com and publicbt.com as they were well supported in the community and had enough attention to them to ensure they'd be operational for a long time. Sadly - over the years both of them have gone south. So if anyone has a good current knowledge of stable opentracker-based trackers, I'm all ears.
RanZ

Post by RanZ »

Thanks, dont want to mess up my settings in uTorrent, so i DL it to a seedbox, worked directly :)
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

RanZ wrote:Thanks, dont want to mess up my settings in uTorrent, so i DL it to a seedbox, worked directly :)
When you download more 'obscure' stuff (compared to whatever hot commodities the kids are leeching these days, anyway :D ) you really need to have DHT/PEX enabled, as it greatly increases your chances of getting a full download in the event that trackers go offline.

Also, I am seedling the complete set of torrents for the next 24 hours or so. So if you could grab everything and help the community by sharing from your seedbox, that would be greatly appreciated.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

I'm currently not seeding anything as I had to rebuild my PC. I will seed again soon.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

I had a look at it yesterday there was seeds and it was downloading nicely.
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Right. I've have replaced the defunct trackers with these:

udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337/announce
http://tracker.dutchtracking.com/announce
http://tracker.dutchtracking.nl/announce

If you're already seeding, just add these trackers to your torrents. And if you're currently downloading and can't locate seeds, add the trackers to get things rolling. And whether you're leeching or seeding, feel free to remove "tracker.openbittorrent.com" + "tracker.publicbt.com" to stop your bittorrent-software from trying to connect to them every now and again. Also, enable DHT/PEX if you haven't already done so.

And last but not least: Going forward, RKO will only provide "magnet" links. So if your client doesn't support those, get one that does. :D