remixer of the year 2003, thank you...

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

Jolly good show... I told you, Søren! :D Congratulations to all winners :)

Anyway, I am not half as interested in how I did in the various catagories as I am in the fact that Martin Galway came in first as all time favorite SID composer, Hubbard pushed back to second place... My hero won! :D

EDIT: Forgot to add the link for Søren... Take a look at this.... That's what I was telling you about at BITLive...
<--- I went that way --->
carlsson
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by carlsson »

I wonder if Project Galway had any influence on the composer votes, now when people had the chance to hear how it was supposed to be played. :)
Anders Carlsson
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

yeah me and Lman came up with that notion. Tho remember Hubbard played Live at Brighton so i thought that might have countered that.
Trauma
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Trauma »

hey Larsec. I did check out your cinematic masterpieces right after BIT. The suspence... The terror... The romance... Pure Oscar material if you ask me!

I also remenber you telling me, I would win. Personally I figured I had a good shot in the "most innovative" category, but I did not think it would hold up against the more serious remixes in the "remix of the year" category. Especially considering that "Supernova", "Arabian Zoids", and "Dutch Breeze" have all been better rated as an avarage.

But I guess Pumpkin Man is pretty special considering average ratings. Actually I believe, that had there been a "Most Annoying remix" category, it would probably had done quite well there as well :-)

Cheers
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Trauma wrote:Actually I believe, that had there been a "Most Annoying remix" category, it would probably had done quite well there as well :-)
Annoying? No way! I could play it all day...or so I think...hmmm, might be time for a little expariment. ;)
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

most annoying remix? i could have gone for that myself (creatures 2)
may well have won n'all but it'd had a clear winner and we wont be pointing to any H's ...cos the battle had been won.. though the war is cleary not over.

congrats though on getting yer award soren :-) and again congrats to everyone who won/got a vote except me because it'd be a bit conceted to congratulate myself lol.
Peacemaker
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Peacemaker »

my very special grats to infamous for your ranking in the newcomers :)

greets
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

thanks peacy :-)