Legend Of Kage vs The Last Ninja

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Legend Of Kage vs The Last Ninja

Post by Analog-X64 »

I climbed out of my Cave hole long enough to type this :)

I was just randomly going through my HVSID Collection when I stumbled into something Interesting.

First Listen to Legend of Kage by Fred Gray 2 Minutes of it should be enough.

Second Listen to The Last Ninja Tune #4 right away things sound very familiar, sounds like Legend of Kage Munged/Sped up and detuned to sound different.

What do you guys think?

The songs are credited like the example below.

Legend Of Kage
Fred Gray
1987 Imagine

The Last Ninja
Ben Daglish & Anthony Lees
1987 System 3
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Coincidence, and dissimilar melodies. Good spot tho'. Might be some subconscious inspiration going on here. Maybe Anthony was a fan of Legend of Kage or something...

Chris
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

The STIL File Credits say they were both released in 1987 and for those who might not know, Fred Grays version of Legend of Kage covers the arcade version by Hisayoshi Ogura, if you are curious of how the original Arcade Version of Legend of Kage sounds, the M.A.M.E (Multi Arcade Machine Emulator) has support for that game.

Personaly I like Fred Grays Version, one of my Fav. C64 Tunes which I think is overlooked.
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

They are too close to be a coincident - my guess is that Anthony Lees covered the Legend of Kage arcade too :)
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org