S.N.O.R 2

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Max Levin
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

S.N.O.R 2

Post by Max Levin »

Oooh, flashy title there! It could be short for Sh*t, No One is Reading, but it's actually short for Some News-Olds, Rööötÿiiihohoho(the last word there was something I just made up to make christians react on this subject too)

Today was the Big o' Booksale here in Sweden, decided to buy fantasy books for 500 swedish einkrona just to check if any of them beats the old story about the Ring. While at it I decided to get my tickets for Tyskarna från Lund which I'm gonna go to this weekend (and noone comes with me, as unusual)

The Jarre-remix is making my ears bleed so far, so I guess it wont be finished until MUCH later than expected... phuh the sorrows...

BUT! We have the great honour to behold the girlfriend of my dreams! Behold BEHOLD(I wonder if Eye of the Beholder really sucks THAT bad on GBA): http://www.martijnjongen.com/images/fun ... taanb2.jpg

Until then: Özkan!
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Say dude, that's a real cutie, isn't she!

:lol:
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Re: S.N.O.R 2

Post by Makke »

Max Levin wrote:Today was the Big o' Booksale here in Sweden, decided to buy fantasy books for 500 swedish einkrona just to check if any of them beats the old story about the Ring.
Robert Jordan's "Wheel of time"-series (Sagan om drakens återkomst) is my favourit fantasy series. It's really really long, but it's soooo damn good.
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

Makke wrote:Robert Jordan's "Wheel of time"-series (Sagan om drakens återkomst) is my favourit fantasy series. It's really really long, but it's soooo damn good.
Yeah, a friend of mine just bought the latest one that came out... What? Like a month ago? He read through it in no time and keeps telling me I should read it... Unfortunatly I haven't been doing much reading these last years, mostly just books on music... Maybe I should take up reading fiction again :)
<--- I went that way --->
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Try the Thomas Covenant series, now that is epic fantasy.

Also, that girl, she is really good looking *puts glasses back on*
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

The kewlest fiction of all time are the "Dune" novels. Talk about depth! :)
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

my favorite author is Timothy Zahn....
i love his brillant epic Star Wars Books...
remember Grand Admiral Thrawn.............. :wink:

cheers 2Klang
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

A friend of mine leant me the Zahn novels, very good, very much in the Lucas style. Love all the stuff about learning a culture's tactics from it's artwork. Just read Mos Eisley Cantina - interesting book. Phil Jupitus does a standup routine where he says "Chewbacca - in all three films, no subtitles. Greedo, gets killed after 1 minute - subtitles." :lol:
Max Levin
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Max Levin »

Well, I bought all the David(and Leigh) Eddings books :D So far so good, as they say
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

David & Leigh Eddings rock! The best bit is the "extra" novels like Polgara the Sorceress and the Rivan Codex, which delve deep into the mythology - a bit like the Silmarilion (or however you spell it) from Tolkein.
The Tamuli (with Sparrowhawk) is excellent as well, he is just such a cynical hero.
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

merman wrote:Phil Jupitus does a standup routine where he says "Chewbacca - in all three films, no subtitles. Greedo, gets killed after 1 minute - subtitles." :lol:
Is Phil still around? I've seen him on the "Standup Show" on BBC Prime a couple of times a few years back. By far my fave performer of the lot.

Sadly I don't get any UK channels these days. :cry:
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Makke wrote:Robert Jordan's "Wheel of time"-series (Sagan om drakens återkomst) is my favourit fantasy series. It's really really long, but it's soooo damn good.
My ex is heavily into Eddings, McAffrey and a lot of other fantasy stuff. Which meant that I read the back-covers of her collection at one time when I had run out of books to read. Have to say I was totally unimpressed with the lot of it. Methinks life's too short to read about some far-away world that was obviously created by authors who like to prance around in some intrigue-ridden medieval setting, while yelling "look-what-I've-created" and churning new books out in less time that it takes the average person to get undressed.

Then again, my actual experience with the Fantasy genre boils down to Hobbit, LOTR, the first 6 Dragonlance books, and the two first Harry Potter ones. And that's spread evenly over the past 20 years.

Okay, so I read Discworld these days. But that can hardly be labeled as Fantasy. Pratchett is Pratchett - no matter what setting he takes on.

I prefer my bookshelves filled with the works of Pratchett, PG Woodhouse, Bill Drummond, Haruki Murakami, Ben Elton, Stephen Fry, Nick Hornby, or Douglas Coupland. I guess I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to reading material - I never indulge in fiction to escape. I always want to bring something back. And fantasy just doesn't do that for me.
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote: I prefer my bookshelves filled with the works of Pratchett, PG Woodhouse, Bill Drummond, Haruki Murakami, Ben Elton, Stephen Fry, Nick Hornby, or Douglas Coupland. I guess I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to reading material - I never indulge in fiction to escape. I always want to bring something back. And fantasy just doesn't do that for me.
nick hornby, i like his books they are great. he write books for guys,
i remember reading 'high-fidelity' it is a book that touched my soul...

hey, nobody talks about 'Willam Gibson' is his 'Neromancer-Trilogy'
forgotten...??? cyberpunks rulez !!!

cheers 2Klang
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

ah, pratchet ! i love the discworld...
i even started a rpg with some people in that world. don't have to say that it was pure chaos and half the characters killed themselves out of stupidity. :lol:
timothy zahn is also a pleasure to read. he was already a good writer before he got a contract for star wars novels and adapted very well to that universe. if there is ever a star wars triology after the battle of endor, he is the one for the job.
All is lost.
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Yeah man! William Gibson rocks. I've read everything from him. Of course the Neuromancer trilogy tops the Bridge trilogy - nevertheless both are a great read. Hail to the man who invented the word "Cyberspace".

I often wonder how much different this world would look like if Gibson hadn't written Neuromancer.

- Markus :)