Hubbards MoM (inspired by Audion)

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Scyphe
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Hubbards MoM (inspired by Audion)

Post by Scyphe »

I went through some classics in the HVSC archive and read some STIL-comments, and when I listened to one of my fave SID's, Master of Magic, I read the comment about Synergy (Larry Fast) as I have for the last 6 years or so. This time I decided to investigate Synergy though. Since I'm a fan of older Tangerine Dream albums, Synergy sounded interesting. Now, getting hold of Synergy music isn't the easiest thing in the world, but I finally found Audion and a few other albums from the late 70'ies/early 80'ies.

When I listened to Shibolet for the first time I was flabbergasted. I mean, it's almost a note-for-note copy. I actually find Rob's version a little more enjoyable, it's got a more medieval feel to it while Synergy's original is a little bit out-of-this-world'ish.

Anyhow, I'm listening to the Sequencer-album and it's great. btw, for those that's interested in listening to the original song that Hubbard based his Master of Magic SID on, head over to http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/store/a ... 65,00.html and listen to samples. Shibolet is the one that MoM covers.

If anyone got other stuff like this that some C64-composer got stuff from, please post (not JMJ though, that's too obvious :wink: )
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

You're maybe a bit out of the loop: nip off to http://www.lala.c64.org and check out the bit of the site that has MP3s of the tunes that "inspired" (or were blatantly copied by) the famous composers.

Chris
Scyphe
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Scyphe »

Awesome... thanks... :)