Introduce yourself here!

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by Analog-X64 »

marko river wrote:Hello to everyone. I'm an long time C64 junkie and been listening to remixes for years. It was about time to join.

For the moment I write reviews of old games, hopefully I will remake few or make new ones with old-school spirit. No skills in music though, so I can only be listener...

Looking forward to hang out with you people :D
Welcome to community. This is a great place to hang out.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

And this forum is never dead... we are Beyond that. Image
All is lost.
marko river

Post by marko river »

:) Than I guess I'll fit in without problem :wink:
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Vosla wrote:And this forum is never dead... we are Beyond that.
I really like that, very clever :) And it wasn't Beyond[/] comprehension. ;)
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Welcome everyone! :cheers:
logikstate

Post by logikstate »

Hi

I'm a long time lurker, big fan of C64 remixes, professional games programmer for well over 15 years and general all round geek :)

Just recently I've been programming this:

koroner

Post by koroner »

Hello all :)
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

logikstate wrote:Hi

I'm a long time lurker, big fan of C64 remixes, professional games programmer for well over 15 years and general all round geek :)

Just recently I've been programming this:

Heh, come on in... and dontcha think, we will let you go so fast again. :wink:
All is lost.
sharrukin

Post by sharrukin »

hi,

i"m "sharrukin", and i want to say hello @ all ! :D

as first:

excuse my bad english, please!!!! :duh:
(i"ve learned english by playing nintendo and all that console-stuff since the mid-eighties :D , and unfortunately not during my school-time... :oops: )

the main-reason for me to join this site, is to load-up and broadcast my amiga-related-audio-stuff wich i made during the last three, four years.

i am a hobby-musician, and spend a bit of rarely time to freak out a little bit with my instruments at weekend.

about me:
german citizen, 34 years old, growed up with Atari2600,C-VIC20, C64,NES, Amiga500,SNES,MegaDrive, NeoGeo,Amiga1200, and yes: since 1999 i am a PC-User :shock:

how i came to music-making :
i liked the mid-80"ies-synthi-pop-stuff, like petshop-boys, depeche-mode and so on...

then in 1989, i came in touch with the amiga500 and its awesome sound-quality.
the first game i played on it, at my friends home, was gianna-sisters, and its brilliant and clear sound addicted me directly.
(i can still remember that i recorded all those keeewwwllll amiga-tunes with my stereo-cassette-recorder, muhuhahaha, and listened those recorded tapes all around the clock on my walkman... :arr: )

then, in 1993, i was able to buy my own amiga500 (second-hand of course), wich was very very expensive at these times...
a couple years later, a friend left me his amiga1200, because he lost his interrest in amiga.

so! lets talk about the really important things :D : good computers!

in 2008 i returned back to amiga to smell the good old air again!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :help: that machine is fucking cool!!!

click here to see my amiga:
http://www.a1k.org/forum/showthread.php?t=17250

during 2008 - 2010 i"ve made some remixes of my all-time-favourite amiga-game-sounds...

AND THATS WHY I AM HERE!

i have five tracks uploaded to amigaremix.com last night, which are still in the submission queue now (30.jan.2011 1335h)

cheers :)
Last edited by sharrukin on 30/01/2011 - 17:06, edited 6 times in total.
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Welcome :cheers:
SarahKreuz31
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by SarahKreuz31 »

lookin` forward for your Amiga Remixes. Still can`t get enough of them (13 Remixes right now in the submission queue ??? my impatient sucks! :( )
Don`t get totally frustrated if some of the Ratings aren`t THAT good. especially since I am roaming around here, there`s a lack of big red Outstanding-Smilies Image
But like all the others I`m glad of every single RKO/Amiga Remix that plops on my HardDrive ;) (and especially the Amiga-ones)

Awesome lookin` Black Amiga you`re showing over there in the other Forum. I just realised how f****n` ugly my CD32 looks compared to this one. Thanks for realising that ! :help:
:)
sharrukin

Post by sharrukin »

here are somevideos of my stuff on youtube:

turrican2 the dessert
http://www.youtube.com/user/JimmyWeeken ... -2JviL3Ex4

turrican2 four tracks
http://www.youtube.com/user/JimmyWeeken ... j-F6WIyYjQ

gianna sisters
http://www.youtube.com/user/JimmyWeeken ... 3Gh1HewZY0

thx for the compliments :)
cyphax

Post by cyphax »

Hi all!

I'm Rob, I came all the way from the Netherlands and just registered a forum account. I've been a fan of Remix64 and AmigaRemix for years, partially because I've been a fan of the C64 (my first home computer and a relevant part of my childhood) and the Amiga for many years. I've been wanting to contribute in the form of remixes of my own but time isn't always on my side, and I'll keep rating remixes, mostly on Remix64.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

cyphax wrote:Hi all!

I'm Rob, I came all the way from the Netherlands and just registered a forum account. I've been a fan of Remix64 and AmigaRemix for years, partially because I've been a fan of the C64 (my first home computer and a relevant part of my childhood) and the Amiga for many years. I've been wanting to contribute in the form of remixes of my own but time isn't always on my side, and I'll keep rating remixes, mostly on Remix64.
Welcome to the board!! This is a very cool site. I've been wanting to contribute a remix since oh.. 2002 :) but all I've mustered up so far, is a few small unfinished w.i.p's. So dont feel too bad.
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

Analog-X64 wrote:
cyphax wrote:Hi all!

Welcome to the board!! This is a very cool site. I've been wanting to contribute a remix since oh.. 2002 :) but all I've mustered up so far, is a few small unfinished w.i.p's. So dont feel too bad.
Ahem. I'm registered as musician and never ever did a remix. Oh, well. :duh:
All is lost.