Introduce yourself here!

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Introduce yourself here!

Post by Chris Abbott »

Hi all,

I've noticed that there are a lot of new visitors to remix64.com: we'd like to know more about you!

Use this thread to tell us who you are, what you do, and how you found us :) All information is optional of course!

Chris
Last edited by Chris Abbott on 16/07/2006 - 23:14, edited 1 time in total.
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
k_rostoen
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by k_rostoen »

I might as well start...

My name is Kristian Røstøen, started my C-64 carreer in Full Force some time in the eighties. In 90 we were asked to join forces with S.H.A.P.E and so we did. Eivind Sommersten and I started a little musiclabel called Blues Muz'. Shortyly after we were joined by Kjell Nordbø (rest in peace, old friend) and a few years later Glenn Rune Gallefoss teamed up with us aswell.

I quit sidding around 96-97 I believe. I handed over all my old workdisks to GRG and he released some of my stuff I never bothered to. He also brought Dwayne Bakerwell into Blues Muz' but I never really knew him that well as I wasn't very active on the C-64 anymore.

In 96-97 I did a few XMs but never released any of them. Crap, mostly. Nowadays, beside my job as a graphic designer, I like to fool around trying to make some music on the PC but it is so much harder compared to the C-64 due to all the posibilites :)
Andreas Wallström
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Andreas Wallström »

Welcome Kristian! Great to see you around!

Andreas (Morpheus)
k_rostoen
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by k_rostoen »

Hepp hepp, Andreas! Long time no see :)
eddy
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by eddy »

Being a regular listener of Slayradio I eventually stumbled on this forum, where I have been an active participant in the image association game for a while (great game, my daily entertainment ;) but… never properly introduced myself… so here goes:

My name is Eddy, 26 years old and born and raised in Amsterdam, the Netherlands where I currently still live. I am a C64 fan since I got one in ’86 together with the game ‘Terramex’ :D (great sids form this game by the way) From then I have always been a videogame freak and have owned a lot of different gameconsoles (had to sold a few to unfortunately…).

I work as a freelance Interaction/Graphic Designer and when I have some spare time I am fooling around with Reason 3, my Yamaha Keyboard and Korg Electribe R. Nothing released yet but I am planning to ;) (When I finally make some f*cking time for it :D) I am working on a remix of both Spellbound & Spy vs Spy.

I love this C64 community, great stuff! Keep up the good work you all!
herbaculum
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by herbaculum »

Well, so I'll write the next one...

Hello everybody!

My name is Doris Gutsmiedl, and I got interested in old computers because of my boyfriend and his little collection of old computers.
My first contact with the fascinating world of SID and remixes was few weeks ago at CRC. Unfortunately I'm not a musician (I only play a little bit the guitar and sing sometimes) so I can't do remixes myself, but I enjoy listen to them very much, and perhaps, if you'll want, I can give some feedback.
Well, in my every-day life I'm an archaeologist, and I'm working in the academic part of the world, to get hopefully one day my PhD. If you want to know more, you can visit my homepage (unfortunately only german) or simply ask me.

Bye for now!

herbaculum
2more
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by 2more »

Gosh, this thread is old o.o Praise the search-function!

Hi, my name is Daniel and I'm a 20 year old c64-addic from germany. Because of my age many people might think that I couldn't spend a long time with the c64, but thanks to my oldest brother I got into it really early ( with about 4 years ). Later on he gave it to me after he bought his first 486 pc - and so it all really started. Three boxes full of games, all to be played.. ;) In my opinion the best game, which I also was most addicted to, was The Last Ninja (2). Can't remember how often I played through it, but I know that I even just started the game to listen to it's great music!

I believe, without the music, the c64 wouldn't be what it is today ( and was when it came out ). So it was a matter of fact that later on, with the internet, I had to get all the nice stuff "back". Lovely sids..

"But wait, there's more!"
So a friend of mine introduced me to OCRemix and I began to search for more. Nice things followed, such as SLAY Radio, kohina or remix64 *licks some boots* :D
I also tried to do some remixes, but never finished a single track - maybe I will go for it again when there's more freetime.

My c64 is actually lying around my attic along with the games, 2 floppy drives, a lot of competition pro joys ( most of them broken - damn you, summer-games!! ), a final boost II cartridge, the old datasette player.. a quite nice collection.

That's enough for now ( anyone even reads this?! ). If there's something else you need to know, tell me. And excuse me for my average english :cry:
Steve B
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Steve B »

hi Daniel, welcome to the board.
i think you are right about the C64. If it wasnt for the SID chip and the likes of God Hubbard, Galway, Grey etc it wouldnt of taken off as well as it did. (and we wouldnt be here now!)

i hope you have a go at those remixes, get them finished and uploaded !
b :D
I C 64 People

Computers can never replace human stupidity
Anthony N.Putson
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Anthony N.Putson »

Hi All.
Nice to meet the lot of you, my name is Anthony Putson and im a 30yr old freelance musician, working in the videogame industry with Allister Brimble at Orchestral Media Developments. Had a speccy when they 1st hit, moved onto the 64 when that hit the shelves, then moved onto the Amiga in 89 i think (Batman Pack). Started writing music in the early 90`s (all amiga based, though appreciate the heritage connected with the 64). My friend pointed me in the remix64.com direction (C64Glen). Only really Madfiddler i know particularly well on here. I have upped my 1st demo which is still in the queue at number 34, which is the Odyssey1 track from the great Odyssey demo. And there we go, now lets have some fun !!!!!

Ant................
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

My name c64glen and I'm a c64aholic.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Can we make this thread a sticky?
Last edited by Analog-X64 on 17/07/2006 - 10:02, edited 1 time in total.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Kohina

Post by Kohina »

Well

My name is Marika Hansson and i'm here all thanks to my brother. It started one day when he was wisiting home (after he moved out) and when he saw what i was listening to (crap) he told me about the c64 music and slayradio. It didn't take long before i LOVED it! So after a time i found this forum and thoght that it would be nice to chat whit all of you.
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

welcome to all 'new' remix64 members!!!

enjoy your stay.... :wink:

cheers ifadeo
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Yeah, welcome everyone! Have lots of fun discovering the sound of the past and present. :)
Bog
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Bog »

Hello!

Welcome!

I'm naked.
Pixel tamer
Mark "Bog" Hennessy-Barrett. Chris says you should ask me about the Wizball video ;)
Or go look at http:/www.imaginetix.co.uk