Introduce yourself here!

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

bign2003 wrote:Hi everyone, Im Joe Tan, filmmaker from Middlesbrough England :)
C64 is my childhood, thanks for helping bring back me memories :)
Hey Joe, Me and Anthony Putson are from Boro too.
JP

Post by JP »

Hi, i hope i'm posting at the good place !

I'm from France and i'm a 32 years old and Amiga fan ! I own a A500 & A1200.

Just for say THANKS for AMIGAREMIX website and this tons of great songs from Amiga.

I use AMIGAREMIX MP3s for the free videogame Trackmania Nations. I've created a server dedicated to the Amiga fans, with 40 tracks and all tracks have a music from AMIGAREMIX or other site. Each track for a game with the correct pictures, ingamevideo, and music !

So ... You and your site members are welcome on my server for fun gaming, and for listen your favorites Amiga songs. The server name : AMIGA GameMania (you can find it in FR servers list, game by rounds) and is open 24/24.

See you and a long life to AmigaRemix. :wink:
cpt_chaos
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by cpt_chaos »

Good to see there are more German c64 enthusiasts then I thought.

Oh well, name is Tilo, age 27, living in Munich. I do security/ stock settlements in real life - I know, doesn't sound exciting but it's fun and I get paid for it :wink: I've been listening SlayRadio for I guess 3-4 years now. I just can't remeber when it started. Must have been one of these cloudy nights (I blame the beer). I really enjoy all this commodore stuff and the people you meet until now and hope this will last for ever!!!

May the force be with you!
xenomorph

Post by xenomorph »

10/10 10/10

bohooo... i am having a birthday today but i am not on the birthday today list... bohoo ...

10/10 10/10
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

xenomorph wrote:10/10 10/10

bohooo... i am having a birthday today but i am not on the birthday today list... bohoo ...

10/10 10/10
Congrats anyway, xeno!!! :D :D :D

And now sign the stupid birthday list, goddamn! :lol:
All is lost.
leoni
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by leoni »

i guess you cant get rid of me :wink:

well who am i?
-im a lady who has no background of playing c64 games or nothing.. well i owned a c64 waaaaay back but i hardly used it :oops:
i work as a medical secretary at the gastroenterology and endocrinology department.. :roll: and now i found this radiostation called Slayradio and i love it :bigsmile: i stumbled on it in an accidental way but boy am i glad i did :lol:

oh and happy birthday xenomorph 8)
Squirrley
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Squirrley »

Hi all.My name is Mark.I am currently at college studying computers.
I had my 1st c64 as a swap for a spectrum 128 with a mate at school.Best swap i ever done.The wonderful sound of SID while loadin is so much better than the screech of the speccy loadin :wink:

Not sure when i started listening to Slay,but it has to be over a year now.Heard it once and loved it.1st show i heard was a BBB show.Lucky me,eh? :lol:
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Welcome to the board!!! You will find that this is a great place to be with a great bunch of people.

leoni wrote:i guess you cant get rid of me :wink:

well who am i?
-im a lady who has no background of playing c64 games or nothing.. well i owned a c64 waaaaay back but i hardly used it :oops:
i work as a medical secretary at the gastroenterology and endocrinology department.. :roll: and now i found this radiostation called Slayradio and i love it :bigsmile: i stumbled on it in an accidental way but boy am i glad i did :lol:

oh and happy birthday xenomorph 8)
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
ceh

Post by ceh »

I'm no big C64 fan like most of you but I've frequently, well; kinda, been listening to SLAYRadio for a couple of years. Recently I started visiting the SLAYRadio IRC channel, too, and eventually ended up here as well.

According to some forum members, I'm satan.
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

ceh wrote:I'm no big C64 fan like most of you but I've frequently, well; kinda, been listening to SLAYRadio for a couple of years. Recently I started visiting the SLAYRadio IRC channel, too, and eventually ended up here as well.

According to some forum members, I'm satan.
Welcome, Prince of Darkness.

May I be the first to shake your red right hand... :wink:
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

Tonka wrote:Welcome, Prince of Darkness.
May I be the first to shake your red right hand... :wink:
Hmm... Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds...
All is lost.
ktulu

Post by ktulu »

Hello, my name is Ljubomir, I live in Serbia, just call me Ktulu, it's easier ;).

I've been around remix64 for a year and a half maybe, listening to the awesome remixes. One of the best places on the Web :).

A bit about me. I'm a 21 year old student, and have been in love with Commodore 64 since I've was 4-5 years old. I vaguely remeber the evening my dad brought the breadbox C64, me and my older brother were thrilled :). There was a cartridge with three games on it: Collosus Chess, Football and Silicon Cyborgs. We didn't have any other games for some time :).
Anyway, me and my bro really loved the SID music. Commando, Green Beret, you know, the works ;), and later some great tunes from Ghouls'n'Ghosts, Cyrus, Gravrace, Neverending Story II, No Mercy, Hazard, etc. I'm naming the games because we didn't know the names of the composers, and barely payed attention to them (silly us :P), which has changed in the years to pass :).

I remeber me and my brother recording the tunes from G'n'G on a cassette and then listening to them over and over, trying to hear all of the channels and notes, so that's how we memorized most of them, I'd still know how to whistle out whole SID tunes :lol:. We never had any instruments (apart from a keyboard, but for a short time) so we used any music programs we could find, like the Kawasaki Rythm Rocker. Tho we never layed our hands on some trackers for the C64 :(.

So, we really pushed the limits of our C64, played for more than 24h straight, and ended up screwing up the SID chip on one C64 (one channel went mute :P) and eventually frying two C64s.

But we allways remembered the tunes, and started to reproduce them in Fast Tracker, ReBirth, and now Fruity Loops and Reason. Me and my bro've made a bunch of remixes, half finished and half polished, but I hope that we'll finish them soon, for the enjoyment of the whole C64 fans community :D. The tunes aren't much I suppose, we've been doing this for our own enjoyement :).

So that's how I ended up registering here :) (perhaps my brother will register some time later, he's a bit busy with his job, wife etc ;) ). I've uploaded a remix, so I hope it'll be aprroved and released soon for download at remix.kwed.org, to hear your thoughts and critique ^^.

Sorry for the long post ^^', I'm looking forward to posting in these forums, it seems like a really nice place :D. Cheers!
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

Anthony N.Putson wrote:Hi All.
Nice to meet the lot of you, my name is Anthony Putson and im a 30yr old freelance musician, working in the videogame industry with Allister Brimble at Orchestral Media Developments. Had a speccy when they 1st hit, moved onto the 64 when that hit the shelves, then moved onto the Amiga in 89 i think (Batman Pack). Started writing music in the early 90`s (all amiga based, though appreciate the heritage connected with the 64). My friend pointed me in the remix64.com direction (C64Glen). Only really Madfiddler i know particularly well on here. I have upped my 1st demo which is still in the queue at number 34, which is the Odyssey1 track from the great Odyssey demo. And there we go, now lets have some fun !!!!!

Ant................
OI! Wanker! :twisted:
Anthony N.Putson
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Anthony N.Putson »

ee now thats not a very nice thing to say!! hehe, howz tricks ya mad bastard?