Video Games Live

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
LaLa
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Video Games Live

Post by LaLa »

Anybody seen this one before?

http://videogameslive.com/index.php?s=home

Apparently, they are having some trouble to gain some traction, too. A planned big North American 24-city tour was canceled except for two cities.

It's a shame I haven't heard about this before, I would've loved to go to the Hollywood Bowl last summer!

Chris, any chance of hooking up with them to jazz up their repertoire with some Hubbard and Galway? :)

LaLa
|......|......
|_/\_|_/\_
./~~\/~~\
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

I already contacted them last year thanks to madfiddler telling me about this, and they just took CDs off me and never got back. So I'm laughing to see them in trouble, frankly. Up their own tight arses, all of them.

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Appiani

PLAY! A Video Game Symphony

Post by Appiani »

Hello everybody,

Sorry for the shameless advertisement, but you might be interested in a symphonic world-tour with music from video games:

http://www.play-symphony.com

The first concert has been announced already (in Stockholm):

http://www.play-symphony.com/news.php?full=4

So far, PLAY! features music from games such as Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Shenmue and Morrowind. Naturally, there is much more to come.

Best
Thomas
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Your website wrote:From the creative team that brought you the ground breaking Dear Friends-Music from FINAL FANTASY Symphony Tour, comes an entirely new celebration of video game music and images.
Entirely new except for everyone else that's been doing it for years... like that DVD we did in that classical concert hall with the big screen.... what was that now...?

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Paul Vanukoff

Post by Paul Vanukoff »

I actually had tickets to see it here in Phoenix but when I showed up the venue was closed and empty. They never emailed me or called me let me know it was cancelled. GRRR! Then they had the balls to email me later to suggest I purchase more tickets to their rescheduled show!
Paul Vanukoff
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

Chris Abbott wrote:Up their own tight arses, all of them.

Chris
Which is one of the reasons I left GANG which is the 'professional' organisation the same people set up for Games Musicians and Sound Designers.

Had a funny run in with the organiser on the VGM list where one of his spies reported back to him... so watch out, one of his spies could be here... lol.
Jax
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Ditched my ticket

Post by Jax »

Four of us at our company bought tickets for the Vancouver (Canada) show - in the end two of us dropped out, and it seems we didn't miss much (apart from our $70 CAD).

We figured it wasn't going to be the 'extravaganza' it was billed as - the day before the show Ticketmaster still had tickets available in row 5!

A shame really - but to be honest, I only heard thru a friend of a friend about the thing in the first place - and I work in the games industry - IN AUDIO!

Pathetic advertising - no wonder they cancelled so many shows - I think the Vancouver one was the last one, and they didn't cancel because it was too late!

Ah well...

Jax
LDA #$0F
STA $D418
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

Lol - do you Jax, where? Not EAC? I'm in the industry too.. in Audio :)
Jax
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Ex-EAC

Post by Jax »

madfiddler wrote:Lol - do you Jax, where? Not EAC? I'm in the industry too.. in Audio :)
I was at EAC - worked on the first Bond game there (Agent Under Fire), before moving across to the Def Jam team and doing the lead audio programing on Vendetta and Fight for New York. They were fun games to work on (despite me not liking fighting games or rap music :)) - I jumped ship to Propaganda (owned by Buena Vista / Disney now), but I'm still in audio programming.

Are you at EAC, Mad Fiddler?

EDIT: Dumb Jax - as your location is "Scotland", I don't suppose you *are* at EAC ;)

Jax
LDA #$0F
STA $D418
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

Aha.. Cool...

Was at EAUK for 5 years, left a couple of years ago. Now with an independant called Visual Science :) Been doing games for over 13 years now.

madfiddler (no spaces *grin*... oh and no capitals, hehe)
Jax
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Jax »

Are there any ex-Red Lemon guys there? I had a (miserable) stint up there - too much 'other stuff' going on in my life at the time - loved the city and the people, though (Glasgow). The company was a bit too 'flashy' though - fancy offices, etc., but no real product :|

(I'll remember to hail you correctly in the future, madfiddler...)

Jax :)
LDA #$0F
STA $D418
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

lol - indeed

Although Alan McD moved to EAUK late last year, Andy Campbell 'left' a bit earlier.. David Stevenson, Ken Cropper and others are still there.

But yes, I heard a lot about Red Lemon ;).
Jax
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Jax »

Ah... Alan McDonut...

I remember Cropper joined just after I did - he left nVidia, relinquishing a bunch of options with them just before they sky-rocketed - he would have seen a few hundred K if he'd hung on there - I think it was about the time they announced the deal to provide the Xbox hardware... oh well, he got to work at the Lemon instead... ;)

Did Tom Higgins end up there?

So what are you guys working on right now, or is it 'hush hush'...?

(Gah - what's the point of writing this now - you're Scottish, so you're probably half-lashed in some pub and won't be up until noon tomorrow! Lucky sod!)

Jax
LDA #$0F
STA $D418
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

Tom Higgins? don't know him.

As for the other question... you're right ;)
naughtyboy
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by naughtyboy »

I saw it...it sucked with the acception of the TRON tribute..its was the 1st and last of any kind of wendy carlos concert!