Editorial 06-05 - Don't try this at home - Discussion

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Dimmignatt
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Dimmignatt »

Chris...

Another thing
You said this about Glyn R Brown..

"Even in his synth phase, there's something "right" about his remixes that makes it very difficult to think of the source material any other way."

I have to dissagree there...
Just listen to his version of Myth.. There is nothing "Right" with that remix..
Yet again this is a personal thing.. but for me it was Totally wrong to do it in that manner.. but as this "definitive" is all about.. It's a matter of personal taste and thinking..

We are only humans and we are all Different in one way or another..
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Dimmignatt wrote:Chris...

Another thing
You said this about Glyn R Brown..

"Even in his synth phase, there's something "right" about his remixes that makes it very difficult to think of the source material any other way."

I have to dissagree there...
Just listen to his version of Myth.. There is nothing "Right" with that remix..
Yet again this is a personal thing.. but for me it was Totally wrong to do it in that manner.. but as this "definitive" is all about.. It's a matter of personal taste and thinking..

We are only humans and we are all Different in one way or another..
I was thinking more about Rambo, Blasteroids, Storm, Deliverance and Last Ninja. Everyone's allowed one or two ... er... :) But yes, it was a generalisation.

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Well... maybe others have said the same as I'm about to say (it's late... too tired to read all posts :roll: )...

I don't feel there is a remix that can be called definitive... there are personal definitives of the current time (that, admittedly can be one HELL of a task to beat!), but I believe there can always be a better one in the future.

Also, definitive remixes must be a personal thing... to make a generalised list of all listeners is just as vague as the voting system (no no! I'll shut up! :P )...

and a side note: if people were to give up and not mess with a remix just because many feel that a definitive has already been made, is to me one of the worst things to do! ... that will cease evolving of the scene... what to do when the definitive has been done of the most known tunes!? ... if that was to happen I believe this place would be as deserted as my toilet, after a bad stomach visit!!! :shock:

Even though I'm riscing counter-action on the following statement I'll dare it anyway: I believe every remixer in here, are trying to accomplish a definitive when they do a remix... now I for one, would not willingly do something I would feel would be second... it might very likely be... to many, but not myself... if I thought second of it, I'd never release it! ... know it sound ego, but that's how I feel. should I be the only one?

Maybe this is exactly why people keep remixing the same tunes... everyone has a unique way of seing what a perfekt remix would be... not two are alike in opinion I believe, and as such, the definitive remix will never be there, until you do it yourself will it? ... and how many musicians can truthfuly say, that he/she is 100% satisfactory with their work? (lets not count Timbaland as a musician shall we!?)... not me... what does this tell me?... it tells me, that there are no such thing as a definitive remix and never will be.
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

I want to hear every possible version of my Fav. C64 tunes.... So I say no such thing as definitive Remix. Yes there are very good version, but there is no single remix that I can think of that I can say thats it.. no more.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120