FutureComposer-style sounds on PC

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
mr_salvador

FutureComposer-style sounds on PC

Post by mr_salvador »

Hello there,

I was wondering if there is any program on Windows which would allow to make sounds similar to old Amiga program FutureComposer?

Or does anyone have any ideas what other programs/instruments could make that kind of chip-tune sounds? Well, at least QuadraSID gets close...
Jan Morgenstern
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: FutureComposer-style sounds on PC

Post by Jan Morgenstern »

mr_salvador wrote:Or does anyone have any ideas what other programs/instruments could make that kind of chip-tune sounds? Well, at least QuadraSID gets close...
Hi,

one of the earlier freeware VSTi synths by maxim (mda-vst.com) featured a pretty wacky additive synthesis which may be well-suited for a lot of chip-tune sounds. You may have to search for it though, as mda has seemingly removed his earlier plug-ins from his site :(

Greetings,
jan
mr_salvador

Post by mr_salvador »

Thanks, have to look for that!
Paul Vanukoff

Post by Paul Vanukoff »

Paul Vanukoff
Jan Morgenstern
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Jan Morgenstern »

Nope, I had one of his earlier synths in mind (IIRC, his old VSTi plug-ins were just called "mda synth [number]"). It had two oscillators that produced an adjustable mixture between several base waveforms, so it felt a bit like an additive synth and was well-suited for chiptune sounds. I don't know where to find it on the net now though, as mda seems to have taken it offline.

Greetings,
jan
mr_salvador

Post by mr_salvador »

No luck, I cannot find any of those old mda vsti's anymore. There must be something more current available, which also does the job?