Timbaland in unauthorised SID usage allegations

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Thunderer
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Thunderer »

Chris Abbott wrote:I don't think it will get to court, actually. The technical evidence is too damning: and actually, it's the record company's problem if they have really expensive lawyers, not GRG's, since they're the one paying them. And if it gets to court, GRG can't lose: it's only a question of "how much"?

"Out of Court settlement" for the win :)

Chris
Wow, that's amazing! I hope the Tempest and GRG get a heavy compensation packet, are credited and a public apology by Dumbo. :D
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Lagerfeldt »

Timbo gets about $2 million per track upfront, but these ring tones probably weren't that expensive though.
Thunderer
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Thunderer »

I am pretty sure the following clip has not been posted yet, and if it has been I apologise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLWOa5vP-fU

Some rocker dudes in defence of Janne.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

and here is another one, if it has not been up already... it pretty much nails the theft I'd say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2JjPFd7 ... ed&search=
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

razmo wrote:and here is another one, if it has not been up already... it pretty much nails the theft I'd say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2JjPFd7 ... ed&search=
That font at the start of the video looks very familiar... but cant put my finger on it.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Dr.Future
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dr.Future »

By the way, yesterday I listenend to the new single by 50 cent fest. Justin Timerlake & Timbaland. Well, what can I say:

That's pure SID! :twisted:

It's called "Ayo Technology". And if it's been posted before...sorry.
Dr.Future - and music will never be the same!
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

I bet this is taken from the HVSC as well. It's not by Tempest this time, though. I've just listened to all his tracks.

As Timbo is full of perfidy, I can imagine that the title of the track "Ayo Technology" may give a hint where in the HVSC to find it, just to upset us, the C64 community. But I haven't figured out yet.

BTW, the song sounds really cool IMHO.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

...If this is the case, I hope that he will be slowly digging his own grave... and I find it weak of both Nelly and Timbaland, that they want to put their names to such a moron's doings... they may not have known it when they made the tunes, but if I'd have been them, I'd have protested openly when I found out... but I guess that the only thing that matters to that commercial HipHop scene is money.... and nothing else. In that culture the only thing that matters is how big your possé is, and how much bling bling you got... obviously artistic pride is nothing to them, or their view on what personal art is is really twisted... jesus!

After listening to that last link I gave I can only conclude, that if they call it personal art, to take someone elses complex tune, put on it a drumloop (probably also ripped from somewhere or taken of a sample CD) and dropping a few notes on a synth (that by the way to me sounds pretty lame, and not very artisticly skilled) then I'm not into art. And I'll go as far as to say, that the singing is not Timbaland's doing at all... it's probably Nelly who made the few "twists" on the melody to make the lyrics fit...

so all in all, what Timbaland did was to sit (with one finger style probably) and put a few boring synth notes in there.... that's it.... the music could have been done in a few hours... I bet the recording of the lyrics is what took the longest time to do... but then again... Timbaland say, that he's not a man with alot of spare time!.... afterall he does not have time to check with licensing... I bet he does not have time to make music either... probably he has more of an urgence to keep up the bling bling status :roll:

It's increddible that someone can earn that amount of money on so little effort, and it's a shame that his fans do not see this, and ditch him.

Personaly, as an artist, I feel, that when I do music that the more of others material I use, the less proud I am of my work unless that part of others work is used conciously, and it's meant that people should know others made parts of it (like C64 remixes for example)... I don't like using loops... and if I do I usualy mangle them to make them sound different... I use samples of singing once in a while, siply because I do not sing myself, and do not have access to any singers... but I don't like it actually :roll:

...but with HipHop culture such personal pride is obviously not present... it's the lyrics that play the biggest role there... the background is in most cases what I would call "Musical Patchwork".... and VERY BIG patches in timbaland's universe obviously :roll:
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

omoroca wrote:I bet this is taken from the HVSC as well. It's not by Tempest this time, though. I've just listened to all his tracks.

As Timbo is full of perfidy, I can imagine that the title of the track "Ayo Technology" may give a hint where in the HVSC to find it, just to upset us, the C64 community. But I haven't figured out yet.

BTW, the song sounds really cool IMHO.
My theory is that Timbaland didn't go anywhere near Tempest's Mods, and had never heard of him: but he, or one of his production team, is an HVSC fan.

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Chris: ohh.. I see... so timbaland does just like puff daddy; sign checks only? :roll:
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Rant coming right up WARNING!!!!!

Everyone listens to this station http://www.vibe985.com/ You can listen to it via streaming.

Now they play who ever they promote once every 3 hours, which amounts to at least 6 times in a 12 hour period. Everything else in between is filler.

Now I didnt want to bring this up, because not need to pour salt on wound, but I've noticed other songs that are SIDish!!! and they are all Timbaland related... example. Timbland and Nelly Fertado, or Timbaland and Justin Timberlake or from Timbalands new album Shock Value. Any combination of these songs have bits that sound Sidish. I dont know all the names because I choose to ignore them.

So its either Timbaland or he has someone else doing he's work for him...but ofcourse Dumbo takes all the credit.

end of rant.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Doing some searching on the net... I came across this post.

"This track samples elements from the Ueberschall 8 Bit Stylez CD [track 16 of CD1] (An expensive sample CD that is sold to musicians of every genre, along with thousands others of its type) and uses synth patches such as the C64 Arp patch in ReFX Vanguard to emulate chiptune synthesizers. (This is what me and some other Timbo fans have decided)… so no stealing here."

Found the Site how sells the CD. Use the first drop down list to select 8 Bit Stylez and you can download an MP3 of it.

How wonder how legal the Sample CD Is..

http://www.ueberschall.com/

Here is another site that has two others and sells them for $49.
http://www.bigfishaudio.com/

Didnt realize there is so many out there who dont appreciate the scene and dont give back anything to the scene, yet reap the rewards.

Yes...Its past my bed time and I'm cranky.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Ignorant Article and even more ignorant responders.

http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=6979
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

AnalogX:

and these Timbaland Zombies have this weird idear, that just because a piece is "bad", you can take it for free... it's medieval ways of thinking!... it's exploitation of the "poor" in it's most awful representation!

and one thing I don't understand is; if they really find that the original SID sound is "bad" enough to rip it off, then why do they use it!?... they intentionaly put "bad" music into their "art" (*SHUDDER!!!!!* did I really write that!? :? )

now it could really be fun, to take one of Dumbo's (damn you Analog X!!! from this day, "the elephant song" will give me the creeps!) songs, turn it into a dancefloor hit, and not credit him at all, and claim it my own! ... just keep it ALL!... let's say one of Timberlake and Timbaland... a famous one... now I'd be eagerly waiting to see how the Timberland Zombies would react to that! :roll: ... not to mention what both Timbaland and his lakeys would do about it :roll:
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

8-Bit Stylez came up earlier in the thread. It's clean. I reviewed it myself.

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?