Richard Joseph

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Chris Abbott wrote:I think we can count on Makke and Jan Z. to throw in some other Richard J. remixes, which gives us a nice base to build on.
Anything RJ related that I've tinkered with is available for use. Plus, I'm going to try and make a couple new tracks. So that, if for nothing else, we have a lot to choose from. Moonshine Racer is almost done. Let me know if you want me to hold it, else I'll upload it to AmigaRemix as soon as it's done, as a tribute. But if it could do some good somewhere else, I could always hold it.
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Markus Schneider
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Markus Schneider »

I will go for the Barbarian series and Defender of the Crown which is hopefully no license problem, Chris ?

@Anthony Putson: Perhaps we can share this ...
Markus
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Both should be fine: in the past Jim Cuomo has proved a nice chap :)

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Jim is really a very good man. He loved Lman's version of Defender of the crown and was so very enthusiastic about his mix.

Spent a long time speaking with Jim in the early years and have always found him an exceptional pleasent and likable fellow.
Larsec
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Larsec »

I think this CD idea is wonderful. I am feeling better so I might try to make a track for it as well. I already have a track in mind; Cadaver... It seems right up my alley...
<--- I went that way --->
Matthew Cannon
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Matthew Cannon »

It was my privelige to have met Richard at Brighton 2003. I had to tell him that his music had been very influential on me when I started-out writing for the 64. That's not something I could have said to any of the other 64 composers there at the time. He was a true original.

I only wish I had taken the opportunity to get to know him better. Rest in peace.
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

Chris Abbott wrote:It would be nice if Codemasters were a bit more relaxed about this sort of thing, but sometimes I wonder if the retro heritage is something they only exploit when it suits them.

Chris
I'm mates with the audio manager at Codies, want me to have a word?
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Would be nice. Retrogamer are also trying to get some permissions from that angle. Damn lawyers :(
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

Okay guys, here's my little contribution to the CD and my own personal tribute to Richard - RealSID recordings of all of his C64 tunes (with thanks to Ziphoid for the webspace):

Sacred Armour Of Antiriad
Barbarian
Cauldron 2
Defender Of The Crown (Battle)
Defender Of The Crown (End Theme)
Defender Of The Crown (Game Over)
Defender Of The Crown (Love Theme)
Defender Of The Crown (Robin Hood)
Defender Of The Crown (Sherwood)
Defender Of The Crown (Swordfight)
Defender Of The Crown (Title)
Defender Of The Crown (Tournament)
Defender Of The Crown (Win Battle)
International 3D Tennis
Barbarian II
Rimrunner
Stifflip And Co.
Wicked (Tune 1)
Wicked (Tune 2)
Wicked (Tune 3)

I must say it was quite moving to hear all these tracks again - I can only imagine all the time and effort that Richard put into these tunes. All I can say to him is a huge THANK YOU for making this music which I have enjoyed listening to for the last 20 years (!)
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net
Bog
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Bog »

Kosh Naranek: Ah, you seek meaning?
Talia: Yes.
Kosh Naranek: Then listen to the music, not the song.
*hug*

I'm a bit torn, but I think my artwork is going to have to be Antiriad.
Pixel tamer
Mark "Bog" Hennessy-Barrett. Chris says you should ask me about the Wizball video ;)
Or go look at http:/www.imaginetix.co.uk
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

Kenz wrote:Okay guys, here's my little contribution to the CD and my own personal tribute to Richard - RealSID recordings of all of his C64 tunes
All of these are now available for request on SLAY Radio.
Thank you for doing these, Kenz!
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

Absolutely no problem, it was the least I could do. It was quite moving to hear these tunes again - especially Rimrunner which I hadn't heard for ages (love that mad bass!)

I love the artwork that is being produced for the CD - you guys rock and Richard, we salute you, wherever you are now. :worship:
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net
Anthony N.Putson
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Anthony N.Putson »

Markus Schneider wrote:I will go for the Barbarian series and Defender of the Crown which is hopefully no license problem, Chris ?

@Anthony Putson: Perhaps we can share this ...
Sure thing, drop me a mail and we`ll work something out.
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Kenz wrote:It was quite moving to hear these tunes again - especially Rimrunner which I hadn't heard for ages (love that mad bass!)
Makke and I prepped an upcoming Take-away yesterday, and I had completely forgotten how awesome the Rimrunner tune is.

The game ain't all that hot, though. :)
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

For the first time in god knows how long I considered writing a tribute to Richard for Remix64 - While I half still want to - Such is the feeling of utter loss I probably won't do so.. but much to the credit of Richard as a person and as a musician that it was the first ever time since i retired from such things that i felt compelled to do something.