Richard Joseph

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Kenz
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Kenz »

RetroMarkie wrote:Kenz and I held a small raffle on the last day of RV ... and I'm happy to say we collected about £40 which will be making it's way to the charity via Kenz.

Kenz Im sure will let us know the exact amount ... and pics as soon as I get them of the winner and his Zzapp print.
Bang on £40 quid raised for the Zzap!64 print + CD - I can't believe how quickly you arranged that raffle Markie! :worship:

I shall round it up to £50 and the money will go towards helping cure the disease that took one of our beloved musicians from us.

Retrovision 2007 rocked and it rocked HARD! :D
New Commercial 8-BIT Games NOW AVAILABLE! - http://www.psytronik.net
RetroMarkie
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by RetroMarkie »

Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Hi all,

Sales from C64Audio.com of our Richard Joseph tribute album (and "Back in Time 4" and "Perhaps-a-Doobie") benefitting Macmillan Cancer reached £200, so a donation has been made today. Thanks all!

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
RetroMarkie
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by RetroMarkie »

Excellent work everyone ...
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Richard Joseph

Post by Infamous »

aye nicely done guy's and girls.
MartinStatic
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by MartinStatic »

Nearly 2 years on, I thought I'd say that he's not forgotten.
Don't get mad at me for bumping this topic >.<
I just never got to know him, and I loved his music in Croc :)

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=KONNgP11czY

A genius from what I've seen, and really nice guy from what I've heard. :(
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

Well done from bringing this back.

Two things, both from Jon Hare

1) Following on from the Cancer Charity Donation Site set up in memory of Richard Joseph, Stuart Dinsey has very kindly offered to run a feature about this Charity in both MCV and Develop and he has asked for Eulogies from people who knew Richard well on either a personal or professonal level. If you would like to contribute to this article please send your eulogies (that is short written tributes and memories in honour of Richard) to Stuart Dinsey at Stuart.dinsey@intentmedia.co.uk

2) I have recently started a Cancer Charity donation page in memory of the late Richard Joseph. This has also been supported magnificently by Eurogamer who have run a lengthy piece concluding with their support of this fund. Richard was an inspirational musician, a great man and a good friend to many of us. If you remember Richard, or feel at all moved to make any donation to this cause then please go to the link below

http://www.justgiving.com/jonhare

all donations will be gratefully received. Also please pass this mail onto anyone you know who you believe may be interested.
MartinStatic
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by MartinStatic »

Thanks for that :)
I'm gonna do a Youtube cover of one of his tracks (I'm going to film myself play all the parts separately then have them play over each other in the video) and I'll be sure to include the links you provided to the site and donations etc.

:)
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Re: In memory of Richard Joseph

Post by madfiddler »

Just giving (no pun) this a bump for Jon Hare's Just Giving charity fundraising page which is raising cash for Cancer Research in memory of RJ

http://www.justgiving.com/jonhare

Maybe SID80s should perform a track from Sex n Drugs n Rock n Roll at the next gig... hmmmm....

m
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

In case people had not seen this, the Richard Joseph tribute demo is now out, with remixes of his music and plenty of text from sceners/remix fans on what he meant to us.
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live