Richard Joseph

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
RetroMarkie
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by RetroMarkie »

Perhaps Matrix and I could work on the artwork?
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Condolences from PRESS PLAY ON TAPE

Post by beyond »

Hi All

PRESS PLAY ON TAPE would like to contribute to such a free online CD with the works of Richard Josph by donating our version of The Sacred Armour of Antiriad found on our CD "RUN/STOP RESTORE".

Should a physical CD be produced we suggest that any proceeds are donated to cancer research.

Our thoughts are with his family.

Sincerely,
The members of PPOT
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Condolences from PRESS PLAY ON TAPE

Post by Chris Abbott »

beyond wrote:Hi All

PRESS PLAY ON TAPE would like to contribute to such a free online CD with the works of Richard Josph by donating our version of The Sacred Armour of Antiriad found on our CD "RUN/STOP RESTORE".

Should a physical CD be produced we suggest that any proceeds are donated to cancer research.

Our thoughts are with his family.

Sincerely,
The members of PPOT
No physical CD, but the idea was to sell the virtual CD online with all proceeds going to a Cancer charity.

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Chris Abbott wrote: No physical CD, but the idea was to sell the virtual CD online with all proceeds going to a Cancer charity.

Chris
I'm working on something Barbarian in 3D maybe if its good enough we can have a .PDF that people can download and print for the Virtual CD?
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Analog-X wrote:
Chris Abbott wrote: No physical CD, but the idea was to sell the virtual CD online with all proceeds going to a Cancer charity.

Chris
I'm working on something Barbarian in 3D maybe if its good enough we can have a .PDF that people can download and print for the Virtual CD?

Quite feasible with my new engine: PDFs, text files, JPGs, word docs, videos... all in the same album.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Here is a WIP i've been working on all day. Its Barbarian giving respects to a fallen comrade.

d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
CraigG
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by CraigG »

I don't post here a great deal, but I do still lurk and read a lot. The first I heard about Richard's condition was on Saturday, when one of Richard's friends emailed me regarding an interview request (for a Retro Gamer feature), saying how ill he was. Not knowing the nature of the condition, I was pretty shocked and saddened to read the Eurogamer piece on Monday morning—gaming's lost a true gem.

Chris—it goes without saying that if there's anything I can do to help with whatever tribute is being put together (web design/graphic design/copywriting and editing), just let me know.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

I think this tribute album will be a bit of an "outpouring", so I think it would be nice to collect the spontaneous things that come out of it, then structure them later. But it would be nice to have a few retrospectives, eulogies, "the first time I heard Richard Joseph", "the first time I met Richard Joseph", etc. We can put all that material with the audio tracks to give a complete Richard Joseph experience (well, complete except that Codemasters own the master recordings to his famous Sensible stuff: technically speaking (because Richard was very careful with his contracts), Richard signed to me the rights to the music, but Codemasters retain the rights to the version within the games they bought from Sensible (and the videos they did). In most cases apart from Richard Joseph Codemasters, we own both the recording and the music.

It would be nice if Codemasters were a bit more relaxed about this sort of thing, but sometimes I wonder if the retro heritage is something they only exploit when it suits them.

Chris
tomsk
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by tomsk »

It would be nice if Codemasters were a bit more relaxed about this sort of thing, but sometimes I wonder if the retro heritage is something they only exploit when it suits them
All things considered I'd be dissapointed if they knew the reason behind this idea and STILL couldn't relax their copyright. Especially considering it's non profit and charity related.

It's still heart warming to hear all the ideas and suggestions for this unique 'album / download'. I know all the talent on here will do Richard proud.
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

This 'virtual' cd is a brilliant idea, and I really hope it comes to fru-ition (or sumthing) I'd certainly be in the queue to get it.
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

The Wikipedia entry states that his father Teddy died last year. Now Richard. It must be horrible and devastating for the family! :(
All is lost.
Max Levin
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Max Levin »

Vosla: Your sig. makes for unintended humor there. ;) Sorry, couldn't hold it back.
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

If it helps the cause any - Remix64 v2's Barbarian can be used for anything that contributes as a good cause.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

tas wrote:If it helps the cause any - Remix64 v2's Barbarian can be used for anything that contributes as a good cause.
Thanks Neil. I think we can count on Makke and Jan Z. to throw in some other Richard J. remixes, which gives us a nice base to build on.
And Reyn's superb Stifflip and Co. (which will also be put on RKO as a tribute to him).

Chris