Annual rant by your friend dhs...

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

exoskeleton wrote:DHS, as you realize, what you're asking for is for people to behave, be competent, etc. It's okay to ask for, but don't expect it. :wink:
As i said, it's not possible.
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
http://soundwavers.com/
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: Sleep and poo

Post by Lagerfeldt »

DHS wrote:
Which reminds me that I'll never be able to go to London again! I've heard that from the 1st of july onward, you cannot smoke anywhere in London except @ home. Not even on the streets!
So finally americans conquered UK. Sad day.
This is rather OT (well actually not, since this is a "rant" thread) but I think it's a great thing. What's really sad is the attitude of smokers who seem to have no sense of decent behaviour or logic.

Smoking should not be allowed where innocent people get hurt. End of story.

Want to kill yourself? Want to smell? Want to cough in the morning? Want to get more allergies? Want to get red eyes, asthma and runny nose? Great.. do it in your own home.
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

Lagerfeldt wrote: Want to kill yourself? Want to smell? Want to cough in the morning? Want to get more allergies? Want to get red eyes, asthma and runny nose? Great.. do it in your own home.
Unless you have children, of course...

Just don't smoke at all - it's silly. Masturbate instead. That's what I do...

*limps off to the bathroom*
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Countershout seems like a good idea. Questions.

:?: Do we allow countercountershouts and countercountercountershouts andcountercountercountercountershouts etc...?

:?: Would that turn peaceful tune info pages into a shouting battlefield?

:?: Would we require a new set of rules for shouts and countershouts to avoid foul language and insults?

:?: Will we need a "report abuse to staff" button for shouts and countershouts?
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

LMan wrote: :?: Do we allow countercountershouts and countercountercountershouts andcountercountercountercountershouts etc...?
No - definitely not. It should just be a chance for a remixer to defend their work or thank people for positive comments.
LMan wrote::?: Would that turn peaceful tune info pages into a shouting battlefield?
Not if countercounter shouts were'nt allowed.
:?: Would we require a new set of rules for shouts and countershouts to avoid foul language and insults?
Probably (unfortunately). Shouts should really be covered by the same rules as the general forum with regards to language, insults, etc.
Again, probably. There will always be some dickhead just shouting for effect!
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

Lagerfeldt wrote: Smoking should not be allowed where innocent people get hurt. End of story.
Smoking at open air is notoriously a tactic used by terrorists to kill and or damage innocent people. So you are perfectly right. End of story.
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

DHS wrote:
Lagerfeldt wrote: Smoking should not be allowed where innocent people get hurt. End of story.
Smoking at open air is notoriously a tactic used by terrorists to kill and or damage innocent people. So you are perfectly right. End of story.
Bush up's the war on terrorism.
DHS
Forum God
Forum God

Post by DHS »

Tonka wrote:Bush up's the war on terrorism.
lol :P
--
DHS of The SoundWavers
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by FFRenzy »

erm, we're talking of the ciry of London here....the traffic that was constantly stuck in the street cause more damage to the people on the street than someone smoking.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride'
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

Lagerfeldt wrote:
DHS wrote:
Which reminds me that I'll never be able to go to London again! I've heard that from the 1st of july onward, you cannot smoke anywhere in London except @ home. Not even on the streets!
So finally americans conquered UK. Sad day.
This is rather OT (well actually not, since this is a "rant" thread) but I think it's a great thing. What's really sad is the attitude of smokers who seem to have no sense of decent behaviour or logic.
The ban is only for communal and public enclosed areas. So much like the bans in the US, this will mean no smoking in pubs, clubs, bars, cafes, train stations etc. You can still smoke whilst walking down the street afaik. Frankly you probably breathe in worse stuff from car exhausts on the street than cigarette fumes!

As for the topic itself... I don't comment on all the songs I vote on, I just comment where I feel it's appropriate and want to give some praise on what I like about the track...
Romeo Knight
Supreme Strumming Daddy
Supreme Strumming Daddy

Post by Romeo Knight »

Tonka already answered this similar but I'll add my stuff:
:?: Do we allow countercountershouts and countercountercountershouts andcountercountercountercountershouts etc...?
No. Maybe even editing shouldn't be possible. I know it is in the moment but for what purpose actually?
No.
Not really. Like Tonka said general rules like for the forum should comply with this.
I don't know. I'd rather feel like arguing with the person than complaining on daddys lap. :)
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

Nonsense Lagerfelt. Noone is hurt outside, that is rediculous! I say this as a non-smoker. I think it's good with some regulation but outside smoking regulations is rediculous and arrogant.

"Public" Inside smoking should be perhaps possible aswell, as long as the policy is made clear at the entrance! But this is not as important. The real bizarreness is the anti-outdoor-smoking rule. That is absurd and invasive pressure.
Last edited by xo on 28/06/2007 - 16:55, edited 1 time in total.
xo
Exosphere Resident
Exosphere Resident

Post by xo »

LMan wrote:Countershout seems like a good idea. Questions.

I'd like to be able to edit my shout, which also means that the remixer should be able to edit his countershout, otherwise it'd seem as if he's blowing up over nothing! Don't make anything more out of it than that. If problems arise with behavior, take it from there.
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

I have a different idea: How about a "discuss this tune" area for each tune, where the arranger or other registered users can publically quote reviews and/or shouts and comment them, instead of silently emailing the author, who might not even respond, like it is on the current platform.

For instance, DjUnz! could state: "I'm not trying to sound like IR."

Or DHS could state: "Omoroca mind your wording in this particular comment! I don't think he's trying to sound like IR, that's just your personal feeling!"

And then I could respond: "You guys are right, I've slightly changed the shout in order to reflect this."

And then the whole issue is settled within a couple of hours and there's no more need to discuss this weeks later any more.

Not every tune requires its own discussion thread, but some definitely do. Lotta work for LMan, true! But maybe useful for a broader communication. This existing message board right here could be used for these discussions, if it's possible for the rating system to automatically create new threads here in the board. And the author of the original comment or shout has to be automatically notified by email when his/her text is quoted, of course, otherwise there will be no trigger for the author of the quoted comment to get into the discussion.

Shout-only or Shout-and-countershout-only is too one-way. Different opinions cannot be settled like this. This arises a general discontentment, for the musicians as well as for the fans, and that is not good. But if there existed this seamless transition from each tune's Reviews page to the corresponding message board thread, the public discussion would be directly linked with the tune it belongs to, and everything could be discussed right in-place.

Sounds like fun, don't it?
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Instant Remedy
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Instant Remedy »

Tunes are sometimes discussed when announced in the release-forums, so there is one way to do it.