Jarre Looks different.

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

He he!... well... perhaps the word "human" is a better choice than "normal", and I guess it's human to doo stupid things to yourself to try and look what you are not :lol: ... Jarre is human I guess?

But we can certainly agree, that he looked a lot more charming when he showed signs of age on later album covers, compared to now... why he looks like he does now I can only guess, but really; I do not care ... What matters to me regarding Jarre is the combination of his work and my ears. :wink:
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Condor
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Condor »

he needs to be younger. he's a clubber now :shock:
I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Naah... only two of the tunes on his new album comes close to something "clubby" in my opinion... the other tunes are as experimenting as he's allways been doing them... in fact, no matter what album you take he's done, the majority of the scores have always been his own signature, and no one else does them the way he do (for better or worse)...

Even though, the two "clubby" tunes are in my view, the best ones on the new album... I like the tune "Chatterbox" also actually, simply because of the weird sounds it has...

Has anyone by the way noticed, how close his hairstyle is to the male in Teo & Tea the video? :wink:
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

To me it just seems as if all his fans cannot take him serious unless he's sitting in the midst of a gigantic analog studio filled with old gear, playing his old jazzy-synth-stuff-from-the-first-albums-style smiling, down-to-earth like something... just like parrents get emotional when they realise that their "little baby" has grown up, and is no longer interrested in being told what to do...

...as a musician I'd surely hate to be "canned" like that :?
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

I also noticed in the interview, that he's been reverting to hardware setups for Teo & Tea... so that should give SOME fans a little releaf... no? :lol: and I also noticed how he scuttled really fast over the words "...Gave me...", when talking about the hardware.... *sigh* ... when you are famous enough you obviously get all the new machinery for free... :roll:
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

razmo wrote:I also noticed in the interview, that he's been reverting to hardware setups for Teo & Tea... so that should give SOME fans a little releaf... no? :lol: and I also noticed how he scuttled really fast over the words "...Gave me...", when talking about the hardware.... *sigh* ... when you are famous enough you obviously get all the new machinery for free... :roll:
Look at the booklet inside Teo & Tea. As a matter of fact look at pretty much everything Jarre has released. He's always thanking This company and that. I dont has had to buy anything since the early days.

And its good advertising to have Jarre use you're equipment.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Analog X:

Yeah, I know that It's good advertisement, no doubt... though I personally find it wrong to give for free to those who have enough, or those who definitely have the finances to buy stuff themselves... but again, in the world of business and money-greed, things work differently :?

Just my opinion...
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

razmo wrote:Analog X:

Yeah, I know that It's good advertisement, no doubt... though I personally find it wrong to give for free to those who have enough, or those who definitely have the finances to buy stuff themselves... but again, in the world of business and money-greed, things work differently :?

Just my opinion...
It's just the World of advertising done in a more transparent way. As much as we may not like it - But basically giving away gear to a musician is as such sponsorship. A company can then boast about a world re-known artist using their equipment. Fruity-Loops was a prime example when Oldfield used their software to produce his last but highly controversial album.

It's a much more complex world than just giving away stuff for free. If you have a valued customer you look after him and if that means hurting a little to gain something then so be it.

Jarre would probably buy something if it wasn't offered or maybe not even look at it if it wasn't. He's been given something which he may have overlooked and thought.."Yeah, this is something I could use."
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Tas: ,... yeah... I know that's how it works, but there's a great distance between how the world WORKS, and how it SHOULD work.... if I was to decide, things would be different, but luckily for all those famous "sponsors"... I am not :lol:

What I wrote, was nothing but my personal view of things, and obviously, we do not live in an ideal world... (razmo; taking on that ol' Robbin 'ood face... let's give to the poor, and not the wealthy! 8) )
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Talking of which, a well known soft synth company asked a well known C64 composer to do some demo tunes :)

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Chris:

Well... did the story say anything about, if this famous C64 composer got the plug for free by doing this? :) ... well, if he did something in return, you could not say he was given anything could you? :wink:

hmm... so in turn you could argue, that Jarre got the gear, in favor of free advertisement then... or sponsorship, call it what you want :D .... hmmm this makes that video not just an interview, but also an advertisement.... for the Virus perhaps? (quite a zoom in on that one in the video)

hmm.... maybe I'm just filosifying too much these days ... :roll:

Razmo (Still wearing a feathered hat though 8) )
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

Michael Jackson sprung to my mind too :(
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

razmo wrote:Chris:

Well... did the story say anything about, if this famous C64 composer got the plug for free by doing this? :) ... well, if he did something in return, you could not say he was given anything could you? :wink:

hmm... so in turn you could argue, that Jarre got the gear, in favor of free advertisement then... or sponsorship, call it what you want :D .... hmmm this makes that video not just an interview, but also an advertisement.... for the Virus perhaps? (quite a zoom in on that one in the video)

hmm.... maybe I'm just filosifying too much these days ... :roll:

Razmo (Still wearing a feathered hat though 8) )
Well, it's not a story, more something I know. But I was just mentioning it.

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Well.... anyways; No matter how rich I would become (knock on wood)... I'd never do such a surgery... I'm afraid of needles, so I would not even reach the first stage of the "Frankenstein Procedure" anymway :roll:

No... I guess, that when I start to get "clear" on the top, I'll just grow long hair, grow a looong beard, and dress up like Saruman or Gandalf... then I would soothe myself with the knowledge, that a growing big nose suits the character well :lol: ... and a walking stick would seem like a natural extension of the body so the problem will be solved automatically when me legs start failing... :)

Razmo (Changing the feathered hat for a pointed one)