most creepy games

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Re: most creepy games

Post by Analog-X64 »

Makke wrote:When I was really young, Forbidden Forest scared the living crap out of me! Much thanks to the top music. The scariest game that I remember after that is Alone in the Dark 1 and 2. Really great atmosphere!
Been thinking about it and I agree with you.

Forbidden forest.
Alone in the Dark
Silent Hill on PSX

In that order. :)
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Matrix
Honorary Geek
Honorary Geek

Post by Matrix »

For me the list would be:

Project Zero - XBox
Resi Evil 2 - Dreamcast
Silent Hill 2 - PS2
Resi 4 - Gamecube
7th Guest - CD-i

And just for the laugh :lol: C64 - GoGo the Ghost :lol:
Sidman 64
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sidman 64 »

Yeh the original's, Silent hill - Resi - etc etc,
But of late I think Condemned on the XBOX360 is pretty spooky with the lights off and sound in 5.1 :roll:
Also Second Sight on the XBOX gave me the chill when the player had flashbacks and you seen the odd ghost walking through doors and prison cells !!!!.
Just recently purchased all the Resident Evil games for the gamecube, so I can play on the WII, should bring back memories :argh: :eekout: :lol:
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Lagerfeldt »

I'd say my most scary game experiences:

-Maniac Mansion (getting chased by Edna in the Kitchen)

-Friday the 13th (probably only scary if you saw the movie first)

-The Hobbit (being eaten by the Trolls)

-Laser Squad (I don't know why but I find the first level scary)

-Lazy Jones (the men with hats chasing you, some kind of nightmare)

-Talisman (All Ye Who Enter Here...)

-Last Ninja 1 (the dungeon level)

-Where's My Bones (just kidding)

On other formats:
Alone In The Dark 1, Silent Hill 1, Resident Evil 2 & 3, Parasite Eve, Silent Hill 2, Chronicles of Riddick

Looking very much forward to Res Evil 5 and Riddick 2. Silent Hill has been a let down lately, so don't know about that.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

So nobody ever played RE4? ... there are some mummy like creatures called "regenerators" far into that game that gives me the creeps everytime i come by them... they are SOOOOO creepy! ... they have these "plagas" inside their body, that you have to blast to kill them, but these plagas can only be seen using a heat-sensing scope attached to your Riffle... problem are, that some of them you need to get behind to shoot in the back to get them all off before they die :shock: and you don't want to get too close to these, or they drag you to them with HUUUUGE long arms, and plant their teeth in your shoulder, ripping a large lump of you, still having bloodvessesl dangling from their mouth when you wrestle yourself free! :shock: ... just their walk is hideous, and they gasp for breath like they've been in a freezer... and should you manage to blast their legs off, they'd "jump" around the floor towards you in cramped motion :shock: ... at least until they've regenerated their lost limbs :roll:

Having cleared the game 5 times now, I've got an infinite rocket launcher... I kill them on sight with this, as I need just one good hit with this :oops:

ImageImage
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Scyphe
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Scyphe »

I've just read two early reviews of Bioshock (PC Gamers UK and some online mag.) and one gave it 10/10 and the other gave it 95%. That's amazing. :D
"...Yes, I DID make modules and demos on the Amiga, but I was never in one of the big groups..."
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

And this is what I'm looking forward to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILuP43jcaXw

:P
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Lagerfeldt wrote:I'd say my most scary game experiences:
[...]
-Laser Squad (I don't know why but I find the first level scary)
Probably because the first time you played the levels you had no idea what was hiding around the corner. I know that's what had me worried me the first time I set out on a new level.

Nice to see that there are other Laser Squad fans out there, too. Best turn-based strategy game ever on any platform, methinks.
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

razmo wrote:So nobody ever played RE4? ... there are some mummy like creatures called "regenerators" far into that game that gives me the creeps everytime i come by them... they are SOOOOO creepy! ...
Eh? I'm playing RE4 now (PC) and I haven't seen these guys at all... Maybe I haven't gotten far enough. I'm currently trying to kill that little midget guy who jumps into that big monster in the castle. Are we talking about the same game here? :?
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Tonka... yes we are... teh Regenerators come abit later in the game... actually on the last part actually...

I recall the midget though :wink: ... He can be a real pain in the ass to kill, but when you know how to, it's not that hard... just place yourself on the first floor, and go as far to the rigth as you can... it's more "pieceful there... if you need more tricks, just ask :wink:
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

razmo wrote:Tonka... yes we are... teh Regenerators come abit later in the game... actually on the last part actually...

I recall the midget though :wink: ... He can be a real pain in the ass to kill, but when you know how to, it's not that hard... just place yourself on the first floor, and go as far to the rigth as you can... it's more "pieceful there... if you need more tricks, just ask :wink:
Yes - he IS proving to be a bit tricky (little BASTARD)!... If you go to the bottom floor though, you get attacked by a never ending supply of spider-crawley things. And don't you have to shoot the monster in the eye? How can you do that from the bottom floor?
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Tonka: The way I defeated him was by walking all the way to the RIGHT on the top-floor... walking around on the bottom floor is a pain in the neck, as you don't have a single minute free... the problem on the top floor though is, that the left and right tentacle arms keep throwing you down.. that is why you need to go all the way to the right, cause the tentackle arms cannot reach you there...

The next problem is that the tentackle arm are then in the way of you shooting at the midget in the middle, but if you shoot at the tentackle arm with a pumpgun, it will retract into the wall for some time.... shoot the tentackle arm so it retracts, and then go for the eye... as soon as you hit the eye, the midget's "shell" open up, and this is where you need to be FAST! ... use your riffle with scope, ... zoom in on the midget's head and fire as many shots as you can at him... it's the ONLY way to kill him!

When the shell close, or the tentackle comes out again, you have to do the whole thing over again...

once in a while the head makes a series of "headbuds" onto the top floor... but these should not hit you, if you're just far enough to the RIGHT... if you somehow get thrown down, then don't waste time down there... get right back to the top-right floor and continue.

When you've shot him enough times he'll die...

I can tell you, that when the game is completed, you'll get an infinite rocket launcher... now that help a damned lot the next time you play the game :wink: ... he'll only need two shots with this thing 8) ... in fact that launcher pretty much sweeps everything you can encounter away...
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

Ahh, sorry - I interpreted the first floor as being the bottom floor. Makes more sense now.

Thanks - I'll kick a midget's ass later on tonight.

And then I'll play RE4, too... ;)
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Death of a midget!

Post by Tonka »

Creamed the midget (!) last night! :lol:

Used a grenade gun on the monster's head (landed on his nose - LOL!) and when it exploded after a few seconds, the little midget man exposed himself ( :hysterical: ). I quickly swapped over to a rocket launcher and twatted him. Only took on shot, too!

Highly satisfying!