most creepy games

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
k_rostoen
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Re: most creepy games

Post by k_rostoen »

Makke wrote:When I was really young, Forbidden Forest scared the living crap out of me! Much thanks to the top music.
Couldn't agree more. The game and the music was a perfect match.
Experto credite!
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Tonka: Nice! ... the bomb on the nose must have done the first damage then... but don't worry... you are FAR from finished :P

By the way, don't forget to tune your weapons to the max... last tuning is a special tuning with special abilities... the mine thrower will get heat seeking :wink: VERY useful 8)
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
c5

Post by c5 »

Trivia Monster was the scariest for me on the C64. Not surprisingly, it's another Paul Norman game.

The scariest game I've played in recent years was Silent Hill 4. It isn't my favorite in the series, but I found it to be the most frightening--specifically, the second half of the game.

Fatal Frame is another good one. You're a girl with only a camera, trying not to get killed by malevolent ghosts.

Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Lagerfeldt »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:
Lagerfeldt wrote:I'd say my most scary game experiences:
[...]
-Laser Squad (I don't know why but I find the first level scary)
Probably because the first time you played the levels you had no idea what was hiding around the corner. I know that's what had me worried me the first time I set out on a new level.

Nice to see that there are other Laser Squad fans out there, too. Best turn-based strategy game ever on any platform, methinks.
Yeah you're probably right on. Turning a corner and seeing an enemy right there ACK. Also I think a lot of C64 games were quite scary because of the black backgorunds.

Generally I found the black backgrounds used in many games very inducing for the imagination too. Less is more I guess.
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

c5 wrote:Fatal Frame is another good one. You're a girl with only a camera, trying not to get killed by malevolent ghosts.

That's the one that's known as Project Zero in Europe. Scariest game ever if you ask me.
LPChip

Post by LPChip »

The most scariest game I've played is F.E.A.R.

Its not really a scary game, but they manage to make you scared when nothing is happening.

Its really cool that you're like: oh shit, something is going to happen... Huh, nothing.. But now surelly something is going to happen!!!

Huh! Still nothing... Oh, but now certainly something must going to happen. It can't be not now even...

Heh! Still nothign. Oh, then I guess its not at this part.

AAARGHHH it just happened!!! :lol:

And it goes like this the entire game. :) They manage to get you paranoid for nothing. :)

EDIT: I just realised after being so enthousiastic that this game was mentioned in the openings post. :P

Doom3 also tried what Fear did but didn't exceeded that much.

I also think that Prey got a nice try in being creepy. Atleast, if you own a good system with graphics card, like I do :) The game has a mythical atmosphere and the environment you walk across gets the same feeling as the movie "War of the worlds".
Steve B
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Steve B »

Aliens V Predator on the Jaguar was not to be played with the lights out.
the resident evil games go without saying, as do the silent hill games.
Aliens V Predator 1 and 2 on the pc also sacred the crap out of me at times (lights out, sound up)
Dungeon Master on the ST ... the drive light would flash on at random times making you think something bad was going to happen ! (evil programmers!!)
the first game i think that really got me scared was Alien on the spectrum.
I C 64 People

Computers can never replace human stupidity
Fluke73
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Why hasn't anybody mentioned Phantasmagoria

Post by Fluke73 »

Phantasmagoria is the scariest game i've played. Then i don't really dare to play the todays scary games.

Below is some excerpt from the game

BEWARE GORE CONTENT BELOW - scroll away if you are sensitive (REALLY!):

-

-

-

-

-

For more filmclips from this game go to:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... tefulCrow+
/Fluke73
=============================
http://www.flukeworld.com
Max Levin
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Max Levin »

Phantasmagoria... I regret never playing it back when it made all the commotion in school and on the news. Isn't it abandonware nowadays?
Yoshi
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Yoshi »

Years ago I played Dark Half, based on the book by Stephen King with the same name. Back then it was really scary.
Realms of the Haunting was also quite scary at moments.
And then there is Scratches which is a very enjoyable horror-story in which you cant die but you need to solve mysteries and puzzles to get through it.
annablack
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by annablack »

:twisted: Playing Doom in the dark on my ol'486 with headphones on...
Ooooooooooo sheet!
:shock:

I'm racking me brainee for a C64 one...
oj oscillation
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by oj oscillation »

my deepest goose bumps go down to return to castle wolfenstein. got really scared in the neck when playing the catacombs alike level by using some "sticks" (nah,it`s not a weapon itg) and beer while listening over the headphone.
it it was quite adrenalin containing, too.

(feel mode):
let me get to it again and hunt those bastards. :duh:

hope the upcoming wolfenstein can match to the former.

anyone else got a good game session on that , too ?

doom 3 was also a good game,but it didn`t touch me that deep.
searchin for a hit-button plug in
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3156908

Episode 29 is a pretty interresting talk about survival horror games from the very early stuff and all the way up to Bioshock.
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

I had to put away Aliens vs Predator, playing as a marine. When the motion detector started, my heart beat raised to such a level that it would be unhealthy for me :)
Misser
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Misser »

Hmmmm atm I'm playing BioShock, which reminds me of System Shock 1 + 2. It's one off those games you must not play on a big screen with a surround set and the lights dimmed during the night. Got the bloody shivers about 3-4 times already. Bit like Doom3 but more intense.

Yeah i love it :)
Old programmers never die, they just get lazy and distracted.