The football thread

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

The football thread

Post by Waz »

I can't help but smile right now.... the Premier League table makes very happy reading for me, I can tell you:

Man City - top of the league!

And look where Man U are - almost near the bottom!

I know it's not going to last, but especially as we beat them 1-0 today despite being backs to the wall for most of the game, it makes me very happy I can tell you, it's so nice to go back into work and gloat at all those Red fans - that is of course assuming they don't mysteriously fall ill ;)

In a way it's also a sign that Chris Abbott is my good luck derby person - at BITLite 2005 it was the Manchester derby, and we drew 1-1 at Old Trafford. Today I was with Chris, Tanya and the kids (and very nice it was too - thanks Chris!!), and it was 1-0 So it's 2-0 next time I guess - have to arrange for Chris to come up or something :)

The winning goal is here:

Geovanni's derby winner

Blue Moon, you saw me standing alone, etc etc....
Last edited by Waz on 31/08/2007 - 18:15, edited 2 times in total.
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Saw the second half, and City were playing well. A deserved win.
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Waz
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Waz »

Indeed it was great stuff.

Q: What's the difference between Man U and a triangle?
A: The triangle has three points!

Also, chant of yesterday was "Tevez put the kettle on". If you saw the scald marks around his neck, it would make sense, hehehe.
Warren Pilkington (Waz)
Zzap! 64, CF and HVSC Contributor
Flickr! - http://www.flickr.com/photos/zawtowers/
Twitter: @zawtowers
--------------------------------------------
k_rostoen
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Re: I can't help but smile right now..

Post by k_rostoen »

I'll use this thread instead of starting another football thread. Anyone from Belgium here? Our team, Brann, drew Club Brugge in the UEFA cup today. Looking forward to the matches. I am glad we didn't drew Bayern Munchen, they would have slaughtered us. We should have a fair chance of beating Brugge though.
Experto credite!
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Re: The football thread

Post by merman »

Transfer deadline day... and Marcus Bent is moving again.
k_rostoen
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by k_rostoen »

So our team defeated Club Brugge to go to the UEFA-cup stages and we ended up in a group with Hamburg SV, Basel, Rennes and Dinamo Zagreb. We have HSV & Zagreb at home. I am a little worried about the supporters of Zagreb, the Bad Boys Blue. They are among the worst hooligans in Europe. I hope not too many of them will bother taking the trip to Norway :)
Experto credite!
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Not a great season for us (Doncaster Rovers) so far despite a huge spending spee during close season. Much Criticism has been laid at the manager and it seems he's just a matter of weeks/months or even next week before he's sacked!

We play Huddersfield live on SKY on sunday and failure to win would mount the pressure on Sean O'Driscol who has not endeared himself to the fans at all.
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Another round of Euro 2008 qualifiers... much more optimistic about England's chances after the last match.
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Post by Chappers »

tas wrote:Not a great season for us (Doncaster Rovers) so far despite a huge spending spee during close season. Much Criticism has been laid at the manager and it seems he's just a matter of weeks/months or even next week before he's sacked!

We play Huddersfield live on SKY on sunday and failure to win would mount the pressure on Sean O'Driscol who has not endeared himself to the fans at all.
Just thought I would poke my head in here and mention that a victory against Oldham in the Johnstone Paints Trophy for you would result in a trip to little old Grimsby. We want revenge! :D
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'
k_rostoen
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by k_rostoen »

And so we won the league yesterday.. for the first time in 44 years. The city is extatic today. So am I. On Thursday we'll see if we can give Hamburger SV a fight for the UEFA-cup points.
Experto credite!
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

merman wrote:Another round of Euro 2008 qualifiers... much more optimistic about England's chances after the last match.
3-0 against Estonia at Wembley was great, although the second half was dismal. But losing 2-1 in Russia was ghastly, particularly as the penalty should not have been given...
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

Ya our football now lies in the hands of the isreali's, definitely not the way we wanted it and i have a funny feeling we wont be going to euro 2008.

tv next summer is going to be pretty boring no doubt about that.
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Takeover at Ipswich, should clear our debts and set us up nicely for the Premiership (fingers crossed)
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

Quite happy with avram grant so far, ok he looks a bit like a shaven honey monster but he seems to be getting on well with the team and were starting to pick up results again, no way in hell were gonna get much out of the premier this year (kudos to arsenal .. genuinely nice to see them playing well again) but next year should be a goodun.
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

merman wrote:Takeover at Ipswich, should clear our debts and set us up nicely for the Premiership (fingers crossed)
Woohoo, i agree hopefully we can put up a decent attempt for the Premiership if the takeover goes through.