Long time no see

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Rafael Dyll
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Long time no see

Post by Rafael Dyll »

Hi guys,

I've been "away" for quite some time lately, I only recently dropped by to check out some new remixes. It's great to see the scene still evolving and producing new talents and music styles.

I dropped out of remixing mainly due to amount of work, doing book work for gameplan ("Game.Machines", "Joysticks" etc.), but primarily due to game audio jobs. Things eveolved a little for me too, I had the opportunity to provide music to some independent game stuff (the remix CDs, Last Hope for Dreamcast) and somebody somewhere must have been watching, since now can finally disclose that I recently have finished sfx, vocal and music composition work on Söldner-X for PS3 (PSN and PC), to be released in winter (I became more or less the audio director for this game). I just decided to say hello briefly, to thank people who "accompanied" me down this path, mainly Neil Carr and Chris Abbot, but also Andrew Fisher, Jan Morgenstern, Holger Lagerfeldt and others who have been helpful in supporting me in a ton of ways. I am glad to say I can call you friends (I hope!).

I still have a full time job doing non-game stuff so I can't really say if this is my break into the game industry, but I have met loads of poeple along the way and there are lots of opportunities open now. Let's see what happens.

If you care to see what my work sounds like, there's a trailer of Söldner-X just released over at gametrailers.com

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/user ... 13549.html

There's also a (very) brief preview medley of some WIP in-game music here (note this is already surpassed as the audio is now finished):

http://www.soldner-x.com/content/music/ ... review.mp3

All the best and keep up the great work,
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Re: Long time no see

Post by merman »

Good luck with Söldner-X, Raf!

Andrew

(P.S. Have you ordered my book yet? Feel I should return the favour and send you a signed copy ;) )
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Rafael Dyll
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Rafael Dyll »

Hi Andrew,

Wow. Sorry, I didn't follow that, except for you mentioning that you had loads to do. :D

I will grab a copy from your site, yes, please sign it, it would be an honour to have it sigend by the author. :cheers:

Best,
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Great stuff... I love Shooters and I have read about this one for sometime now. Looking forward to playing it and enjoying you're tunes. :)
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Sidman 64
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sidman 64 »

Oh yes the classic old shooter is back with a bang :D
Preview music sounds good, goodluck with the release and future projects :wink:
Misser
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Misser »

Ahhh that looks like a nice shmup. When I get (not if) myself a PS3 I need to get this game. It's been a long time since R-type final on the PS2 that I could enjoy a shooter.

Now for someone to make a next gen Turrican!
Old programmers never die, they just get lazy and distracted.
Rafael Dyll
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Rafael Dyll »

http://www.poke53280.de/artikel/artikel.php?id=37

Go get it, it's free for your PC. And that even rhymes.

Rafael
tas
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by tas »

Hey mate.

Nice to see things panning out for you. Not sure i deserve any thanks but it's appreciated non the less. :D

Good luck with it all, and fingers crossed that the stuff you've been doing keeps moving forwards.
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Lagerfeldt »

Cheers mate

And I hope it comes out for Xbox 360 Live :D
Rafael Dyll
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Rafael Dyll »

Lagerfeldt wrote:Cheers mate

And I hope it comes out for Xbox 360 Live :D
It would be neat, and I guess it's still undecided, but at the mo, it's not looking like it wil happen. :roll: The powers that be make the decisions. Time to get a PS3 Holger. :wink:

At least, the Limited Edition PC version is out in about 2 weeks, check out the pack shot here (Artbook, OST etc. included):

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-7s- ... -255r.html" target="_blank" target="_blank

Rafael
Rafael Dyll
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Rafael Dyll »

Update: The PC version of the game is available to preorder via Play Asia already, there are a few previews on that page. Scroll down to the OST tracklist and have a listen, I hope you enjoy them.

All the best,

Rafael