MR H IS BACK ??????

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
jgb
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: MR H IS BACK ??????

Post by jgb »

http://www.speedyshare.com/363373461.html to download the track. :)

I cannot really listen to it unless playing it at really low volume, there is a "zap"-sound that has way too much high frequencies in it. A shame.
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

I'm going to have a moan at Rob about his crap drum programming... he needs more vodka to loosen up! ;)

But what a wicked sound for the solo at the end...
Sidman 64
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sidman 64 »

madfiddler wrote:I'm going to have a moan at Rob about his crap drum programming... he needs more vodka to loosen up! ;)

But what a wicked sound for the solo at the end...
Emmm Vodka, funny that cos I asked him about Vodka and he said he's not touched it since B.I.T Manchester :lol:
Drums, I think Lazy and no VODKA is the cause :lol:
Agree about the solo sound at the end.... very nice....
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

LOL, poor guy *grin* I'm such a bad influence
omoroca
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by omoroca »

Had a listen today. One of the best Commando remixes I've ever heard! Great stuff, Mr. H.!!!
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

madfiddler wrote:LOL, poor guy *grin* I'm such a bad influence
No Cher, shitlock. *grin*

Did you ever get a copy of that photo I took that vodka night? If not, I'll send it along in a PM or summat.
Retrovertigo
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Retrovertigo »

Great to hear Rob doing something with Reason but it's a fairly poor track by Reason standards unfortunately. Speaker busting.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

I just wonder... Is it with Mr. Hubbard, as it has showed out to be with Jarre? ... Jarre fans seem to want the old stuff, and keep wining about the new stuff... maybe this is so with hubbard too... we recall him for his C64 sound, and not "real instruments"... I have a feelin' that IF he started doing something today, and even if it would be covers of old stuff... even in the same style (as this Commando tune), many people would keep bickering about it not being "good enough"... maybe it's just as with Jarre... a new time, a new era... they ride high on the piedestal of old, but if they try to "climb down" and enter today... something goes wrong... it happened with Jarre, and I believe it's the same here.

Anyway, I'd like to hear him do his old scores on synths of today like this Commando tune... I'd want the same style though... not some crappy Piano versions or Symphonic ones (unless the style WAS symphonic in the original).

But then again... Who am I to demand anything :lol:
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

I think the simple fact of, producing music using a bunch of hex codes on an 8bit machine vs a VST or Real Synth will have an impact in the end result.

As you can Imagine when Rob was writing SID music back in the 80's he would plan the music routine, and take things such as memory limitation as part of the equation which would have an impact in the end result and how the music sounded.

I'm sure Commando, Delta or Sanxion each had their own Memory Limitations which in the end would force Rob to decided which routines/subroutines to keep or get rid of, and lets not forget the 3 Voice Limitation and a DigiSample Track.

Now 20 years later, he has no such limitations as well, using Reason or any other Sequencer, he can simply play the notes on a Controller Keyboard without having to write each not down and making decisions how they will be played so they dont cancel out other sounds etc..

So that will for sure change how he's new compositions will sound.

Rob became famous because of he's work with the SID Chip and the Commodore 64 and not because of modern day Synth Technology... its what people know him most from, so there will be people out there who wont like he's new material using modern hardware/software.

If there was some kind of incentive, maybe Rob would dust off that C64 and write some new SID Tunes....or maybe not.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Maybe if he gets contracted by Timberland... :lol:
All is lost.
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Vosla wrote:Maybe if he gets contracted by Timberland... :lol:
Don't say things like that Vosla! ... Shame on you! :shock:
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

Yeah, you are right. Why contracting him when Timberland can steal his tunes anyway.
All is lost.
Markus Schneider
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Markus Schneider »

I really don't like Rob didn't got paid for his work. This remembers me to Mark Cale.
Use but don't pay. Especially people who produce software should have got the point, or ?
Fuck off.
Markus
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Have they refused to pay? Last I heard was that they were a bit slow, that's all...

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Sidman 64
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sidman 64 »

Chris Abbott wrote:Have they refused to pay? Last I heard was that they were a bit slow, that's all...

Chris

He told me he did get paid but he had to fight his corner to get something and he didn't enjoy the experience :evil:
as Chris said, a bit slow in paying up :frustration: