Ripping off my music

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Ripping off my music

Post by madfiddler »

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... D=97810588

It came to my attention recently, that Jeremy has included one of my electric violin tunes on his Myspace profile claiming that it is his.

The track in question he calls "Effects on Strings" and is in fact a track I wrote in 2005, simply called Rock Improv - which you can download the mp3 from http://www.madfiddler.co.uk/audio/madfi ... rov_01.mp3

If copyright comes into question, I can supply the Cubase SX3 project file, and details of the synthesizers used to create this track, and concise details on the effects used to create the violin sound.

Knowing what I know, in that Jeremy neither composed nor performed on this track, I would also question which other tracks on his Myspace profile are actually his.

Rather than confront Jeremy directly, I have chosen to embarrass him as much as I can through the internet. I own the Fiddle and Alternative Strings Forum which is the largest online community for electric violinists, and am also well known on the manufacturer's sites that Jeremy claims to play instruments of.

I would ask of you that you pass this message around to any music professionals that you know, if just to prove that with the internet what you see isn't necessarily what you get.

m
Last edited by madfiddler on 19/10/2007 - 12:05, edited 1 time in total.
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Re: Ripping off my music - Jeremy Sharp - Electric Violinist - H

Post by Vosla »

I remember your tune very well...

What the f***? Why is he stealing that?
Did he really thought nobody would caught him?
:nonono:
All is lost.
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

Yep I guess so.

I'd have not found out unless someone else on myspace told me.

He's taken down all 4 tracks now, so guess he heard I found out, and that the other 3 tracks weren't his either, lol.
Sidman 64
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Sidman 64 »

Wow what a stupid thing to do :shock:
He must been felling really :duh: now......
If you see him give him a poke in the eye with your stick :evil:
tomsk
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by tomsk »

Yeah - I had a look for the offending music rip but he must have removed it pronto (good job too). Having said that it did give time to listen to the original track..........aside from it being very good did anyone else think this could develop into a Green Beret mix ??? To my ears there's a hint of the Galway classic when the lead comes in.
Nice stuff anyways - and at least he's been shamed into doing something about it. I'm sure his reputation.

I know you feel....why only a few years back that flaming Mahoney nicked my Geordie Sweet and changed the vocals releasing it as his own........scandalous! :lol: :eekout:
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

tomsk wrote:To my ears there's a hint of the Galway classic when the lead comes in.
Yeah, after I jammed it I thought, hmmm, sounds familiar, wracked my brains, and yep, Green Berret... doh, haha. Decided to leave it as it was.

m
Moad'Dib
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Moad'Dib »

What a shame!

But there is only one thing should make you happy Madfiddler:
If your music being stolen that means your music is great fairly to be worth a risk of a steal! :wink:

Ohh I wish if someone steal mine... :duh:
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Re: Ripping off my music

Post by madfiddler »

lol - well it's all sorted now. Got an apology from him, so the matter is resolved as far as I'm concerned. Happy for this thread to be deleted.
Vosla

Re: Ripping off my music

Post by Vosla »

BUT... Why did he used your track? If he is good at what he is doing - WHY did he risk such a stunt???

I'm glad you both got it sorted out but it's still a bit alien to me why he did that in the first place.
All is lost.