'djbalor' caught stealing C64 remixes

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Amok
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: 'djbalor' caught stealing C64 remixes

Post by Amok »

Vosla wrote:...I mean... when I've seen his picture, I was thinking he is punished enough with a look into the mirror each morning...

:hysterical: true :cheers:
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

(name removed) wrote:I don't want to start another offense again because some misunderstandings from you. I was just my free mind. Such things can be regulated in privacy, just my opinion. And I think the specified user will now have learned his lesson. Another reason to make some WIP tracks "excusive" for registered users like I do from WIP's which I got for my show. Maybe RKO should do the same to stem such thefts.
I don't want to start an argument with you either, because I know it leads to nothing.

My final words on this matter will be, that even now, as you try to excuse yourself, you manage to get a plug in for the exclusives on your show and that people should register to be able to download them. You're not as subtle as you think you are.
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

Makke,

Just list to this http://www.djskitz.com/mp3/SNWD.mp3 and it might cheer you up a bit :) I think I need to make a more general version of this jingle....

Oh by the way you must tune into my show this weekend on SLAYRadio.ORG - It's gonna be mega with the entire world being there and we are going to try and solve world hunger, take turns riding Donkey's, cook live on air (Turkey goodness!), Blah BlaH BLAH!

I'll get my coat..... :eekout:
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

Just back on track:

The WIPs on here would have been just one registration away. A registration that could be filled with total nonsense. So limiting access to WIPs through registration is just a small bump on the road, not a roadblock. Even if the registration is not filled with junk, you have no proof that an otherwise trusted member would leak your precious WIPs out of your merry round of registrated members. Even extreme paranoia doesn't save you from a rotten egg in the bunch.
All is lost.
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

Vosla wrote: I mean... when I've seen his picture, I was thinking he is punished enough with a look into the mirror each morning...
Sure, he is a scumbag, and yes, he will probably never see your comment, but that was a bit unnecessary IMO. :P

Anyway - To those who got their remixes nicked, you know what they say: Imitation is the best form of flattery. :duh:
Although this wasnt really... imitation. Errm..
:help:

:cheers:
Check out my website.
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

Mordi wrote:
Vosla wrote: I mean... when I've seen his picture, I was thinking he is punished enough with a look into the mirror each morning...
Sure, he is a scumbag, and yes, he will probably never see your comment, but that was a bit unnecessary IMO. :P
Yes, a lame joke about a very uncharming picture which was intentionally shot that way and put up by the man himself as his own avatar. I have also a load of wierd avatars where I pose as an idiot - and if somebody looks at them and say : "My, that LOOKS like an idiot", I can't blame him. And if people think of me as of BEING actually an idiot... :duh:

I simply think that to pull off such a stunt he did, he has to be a complete asshole - BUT it seems he didn't behave that way in the other forum or people wouldn't have been so surprised by the truth - OR have something to compensate, to get attention or something. So I am not angry at him at all, it's just a sad affair.
All is lost.
ChaCha

Post by ChaCha »

Vosla wrote:I simply think that to pull off such a stunt he did, he has to be a complete asshole - BUT it seems he didn't behave that way in the other forum or people wouldn't have been so surprised by the truth -
I think the most appalling thing about this theft was that Djbalor actually was an active member of the community. Instead of just lurking and occasionally submitting these tracks he commented on other people's artwork, wrote journals, commissioned people (I myself drew about three or four pictures for him) and I'm sure he made friends that way. I actually liked him enough to request a commission from him... No wonder he never got into making the track even though he said he would. Thank goodness I didn't pay him in advance or anything. :roll:

But well, a plain in-your-face twat is not in the end as big a twat as the twat who pretends to be something else than a twat, you know? Or something. :|

I first wanted to send the guy some (hate) mail just to tell him directly how I felt, but then I decided that it would be a lot better idea to simply forget this thief and bookmark the real artist's web pages so that in the future I could keep in touch with their work.
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Welcome BitFellas / Furaffinity people, thank you for showing support to our artists. :worship:
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by FFRenzy »

ChaCha wrote:But well, a plain in-your-face twat is not in the end as big a twat as the twat who pretends to be something else than a twat, you know? Or something. :|
with such comments, you should listen to Boz's live shows on SLAY, they'd be perfect for you :)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride'
Dafunk
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Dafunk »

:duh: quite sad indeed... :|
Lagerfeldt
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Lagerfeldt »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote: Apparently one of their forum members has been 'releasing' remixes by Mahoney, Chronberg, Glyn R. Brown, Thomas Detert and Lagerfeldt as his own without giving credit to neither the remixers nor the original composers.
What a twat.

This is not the first time this has happened to me, but I guess you have to consider it flattery and then let it go.

Usually contacting the owner of the website and pointing out copyright theft is enough.

@ChaCha, you have a very good point. Something very positive came out of this too: more focus on the C64 (remix) scene hopefully.
Vosla

Post by Vosla »

Yes, if this has drawn some interested people to this forum, it's at least not a complete desaster.
Welcome, friends! :)
All is lost.
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

I don't know if my 5 cents are worth anything but here goes...

There will always be people doing stuff like this. At some point you will find your work being copied by someone. Maybe this person will be be so kind to postulate the work his own. Maybe not. Maybe a lot of people believe that your work is someone else's. Maybe tons of people are downloading your stuff off some torrent. By the end of the day you don't know. There is nothing you can do about it.

Just for my argument's sake: 15 minuttes after we released our first album LOADING READY RUN at The Party in 2000/2001 it was shared at the warez FTPs. Right after we released RUN/STOP RESTORE it was on shares as well. Today it is available for download via The Pirate Bay. We have a huge stack of physical CDs and people are downloading our stuff for free on a P2P basis. That's frustrating and there is nothing to do about it but taking a deep breath and forget about it.

There will always be people ruining it for others. That's how some people are. Fact of life. But you have to ask yourself: Why am I in the game. Why am I doing this. For them? ...or for the people who enjoy your work. Focus on the good stuff. That's the important bit.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Yeah, all you can do is make the world a little better one listener at a time. Though I wish you DID still have some Loading, Ready, Run CDs left :)
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

Are they in demand... still?