'djbalor' caught stealing C64 remixes

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: 'djbalor' caught stealing C64 remixes

Post by Chris Abbott »

Well, they were until they'd been out of stock so long people stopped asking :)
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

Well, then I hope they will be glad when seeing our next album...
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Well, keep me in the loop before release :)
FunkyM
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by FunkyM »

Personally, I'd like to get hold of a Copy of LRR, Physical, Digital or just borrowed from someone else, Because of the Awesome-sounding Rambo Loader on it...
FMI - Creators of Funky Monkey, Cozy Cat, and NEW! Thunder Horse!

Try our products today, you'll really Notice the difference!
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by FFRenzy »

And our "friend" DJBalor has risen again, this time on NewGrounds. He even uses his own old names for the tunes he ripped

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/230565 ( Dafunks Only Hate....again )
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/229938 ( i KNOW it's a c64 tune...just can't get the name )

I've already made an account on Newgrounds and pm'd an admin there, referring to this very thread.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride'
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

He has posted a remix of Basshunter's 'DOTA' as well - there's a gazillion remixes of that, so it might be hard to confirm, but I'm pretty sure the only work DjBalor did on that was change the ID3 tag.

He didn't even go with a different name this time around? Talk about lack of creative thinking. ;)
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Doddsy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Doddsy »

beyond wrote:
There will always be people ruining it for others. That's how some people are. Fact of life. But you have to ask yourself: Why am I in the game. Why am I doing this. For them? ...or for the people who enjoy your work. Focus on the good stuff. That's the important bit.
I agree. I think I would be more concerned if someone released one of my Sid remixes on a massive commercial scale. I can see it now!
You -"Hey I produced that!"
General public not into C64 scene- "yeah right! you didn't its by xxx!" :shock:
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Doddsy wrote:
beyond wrote:
There will always be people ruining it for others. That's how some people are. Fact of life. But you have to ask yourself: Why am I in the game. Why am I doing this. For them? ...or for the people who enjoy your work. Focus on the good stuff. That's the important bit.
I agree. I think I would be more concerned if someone released one of my Sid remixes on a massive commercial scale. I can see it now!
You -"Hey I produced that!"
General public not into C64 scene- "yeah right! you didn't its by xxx!" :shock:
That's how David Whittaker and Glenn Rune Gallefoss feel...
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by Mordi »

Chris Abbott wrote: That's how David Whittaker [...] feel...
You mean Zombie Nation's Lazy Jones 'remix'? Didn't he get any royalties of any sort for that?

Anyway, I sent the guy a message asking him how and what he used to make "Red Wall" and congratulated him on making such a terrific song. Looking forward to a reply. :P
Check out my website.
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by FFRenzy »

Finally found out what C64 remix DjBalors "Twilight Tango" really is, it's "Imphenzia - The Fallen [Imphenzia Remix]"
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride'
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by FFRenzy »

Sent another message yesterday, and got a reply :
Hi there,
i would like to report some stolen music. a user called DJBalor has 2 tunes on his page that are not his.

the tunes in question are :
- http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/229938 which is actually a C64 remix made by Imphenzia,. released in january 2008 ( http://remix.kwed.org/index.php?search=the+fallen )
- http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/230565 wihch is a C64 remix made by Dafunk, released in March 2008 ( http://remix.kwed.org/index.php?search=only+hate )

BTw, this is not the first time this person has done this, he has been banned from FurAffinity for exactly the same offence, he even used the same name for "his" tune Red_Wave there. more info can be obtained on viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6 012

Regards,

Michel "Ffrenzy" Berger

Thank you for reporting this case of theft. The stated user will be dealt with in the near future.
- alrd
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Mordi wrote:
Chris Abbott wrote: That's how David Whittaker [...] feel...
You mean Zombie Nation's Lazy Jones 'remix'? Didn't he get any royalties of any sort for that?

Anyway, I sent the guy a message asking him how and what he used to make "Red Wall" and congratulated him on making such a terrific song. Looking forward to a reply. :P
Let's just say court action has commenced...

Chris