Twitter

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Twitter

Post by C64GLeN »

Any people on here use Twitter? I think it has a lack of C64 related people on it, they're are one or two of us on there put not enough. It's been talked about as the big thing for 2009, is a great method of communicating and could be used to promote various c64 people and things.

Unsurprisingly I'm on as; http://twitter.com/c64glen post your account, and I'll give you a follow.
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Twitter

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

C64GLeN wrote:Any people on here use Twitter?
I've got an account that I haven't touched since April '08. I only ever posted three tweets to it before I got bored with it, and except for the one person who follows me there no one even knows that it belongs to me. :D

I mean, I tried, I really did. But I find that mostly people who yell "follow me on twitter" post updates largely consisting of stuff like "Weathers nice", "Working on Project XYZ" or "Enjoying a tall latté". And if they're not doing then reading their updates is a bit like stepping into the middle of a conversation - except you can only hear half of it because they're replying to someone you can't see or hear yourself.

The ironic thing is that I really like the idea of Twitter. It's just that with the exception of http://twitter.com/140story (mentioned a few weeks ago on BBC's "Pods and Blogs" programme I have yet to come across anyone who'se used it for anything remotely exciting.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

First time I'm hearing of it.... Got Facebook, Myspace thats pretty much all I need.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Bog
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Bog »

I'm on as markh_b if anyone wants to follow my blitherous rambleosity.
Pixel tamer
Mark "Bog" Hennessy-Barrett. Chris says you should ask me about the Wizball video ;)
Or go look at http:/www.imaginetix.co.uk
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

I think Twitter can be a great tool if you use it properly, which is quiet difficult. It's not really a tool for the lazy. I'm ashamed to say that when I post this thread I properly wasn't using twitter as well as I could, and just wanted some new interesting people to follow/be followed by.

I've since learned It's a great way to network. Using search you can easily find local, famous, experts in many fields, or like minded people, I've found a few people who are into c64 music and introduced them to things like Slay Radio and Machine Supremacy. I'm into Marvel comics so I've been able to follow some of the writers and artists on twitter too.
RobinsonMason
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by RobinsonMason »

I guess I'm just old school and prefer forums and blogging. :)

I tried one of the flash-in-the-pan sites - FanBox - and my e-mail got spammed big time with useless updates.

Since I really don't like carrying or using a cell phone except in emergencies, I doubt Twitter is for me, since it seems geared to short text messages sent from phones...?
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

C64GLeN wrote:I think Twitter can be a great tool if you use it properly, which is quiet difficult. It's not really a tool for the lazy. I'm ashamed to say that when I post this thread I properly wasn't using twitter as well as I could, and just wanted some new interesting people to follow/be followed by.
As an experiment I have started a twitter-account for the podcast, but I'm not too keen on replying to the incoming messages in public as I find those @<name> messages highly annoying when browsing other peoples twitter-pages (Hence my initial comment about feeling like you're only listening to one half of a conversation.) Luckily you can switch off seeing public replies aimed to people you don't follow yourself, but that requires you to sign for a twitter account and follow peoples updates through that (rather than just subscribing to their RSS feed.) But I've never heard anyone mention this when I moaned to they tried to convince how wonderful a service twitter is, and I in turned dismissed it on account of the average twitter-account being a cacaphony of half sentences.

That being said, it's rather cool that only two of the eleven people currently following the @C64Takeaway are people I announced my twitter-presence to. The rest found it on their own. :D
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

LiontamerVGF of OverClocked ReMix has put together a good list of Twitter Video game musicians and related accounts that is worth checking out.

http://www.vgfrequency.com/larry-oji-pr ... n-twitter/