Last C64 Game You Played?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Re: Last C64 Game You Played?

Post by Vosla »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:
Vosla wrote:Also have a conversion adapter which plugs into the parallel interface but that does only work for one joystick - there's also an USB version of that but frankly I'm fresh out of money.
Got a link for the USB converter-thingy? I bought that Competition Pro USB - it works great with VICE, but frankly it feels more like a Zipstick (which I never liked that much) than a proper oldskool leaf-switch Kempston Competition Pro 5000.
I think I have read about it on http://www.forum64.de/ and if I remember it right, there was also talk about an 4-way-adapter for parallel port.
All is lost.
RobinsonMason
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by RobinsonMason »

Enjoyed Double Sphere last night. Some good space rugby fun and good SID music + graphics. Tips and links here if you're interested in giving it a go: http://c64walkabout.com/2009/02/26/doub ... score.aspx
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

On the weekend, some classics:

- Bubble Bobble
- Boulder Dash
- Uridium
- Bruce Lee
- Ms Pac Man
- Wizard of Wor
RobinsonMason
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by RobinsonMason »

That's the spirit, LMan, game on! :mrgreen:
RobinsonMason
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by RobinsonMason »

Phantasie II. Man oh man, what an addictive little game for a dungeon crawler like me.

I owned the original back in the day, but had never tried the sequel. Essentially it's the same system from what I remember, just a fresh new story to explore!

http://gb64.com/game.php?id=5654&d=18&h=0
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

Vosla wrote:
RobinsonMason wrote:Hey Vosla, not sure if you knew this, but they make these for the PC (USB), too! :)
Yeah, I've seen that gadget but never came around buying it. Also have a conversion adapter which plugs into the parallel interface but that does only work for one joystick - there's also an USB version of that but frankly I'm fresh out of money.
I bought one. It worked for 15 minutes. Then the fire buttons stopped working and left movement was on and off. *sigh*
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Simon Quernhorst's R8ro, 8 mini-games on a single cartridge
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

beyond wrote:I bought one. It worked for 15 minutes. Then the fire buttons stopped working and left movement was on and off. *sigh*
Same here. 'Tis a pile of shite in quality disguise.
RobinsonMason
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by RobinsonMason »

That stinks.

I got this for about 10 bucks shipped: http://c64walkabout.com/search.aspx?q=j ... 3m&al=none

And the thing is friggin HUGE. Works very nicely, but a bit overkill!
beyond
Forum God
Forum God

Post by beyond »

LMan wrote:
beyond wrote:I bought one. It worked for 15 minutes. Then the fire buttons stopped working and left movement was on and off. *sigh*
Same here. 'Tis a pile of shite in quality disguise.
Actually, just opening the joystick too see what might be wrong with it made it break several places. The quality of the plastic is in itself shite. I'm gonna take out the electronics of it and put them into an original CP5000. All three I have are still working 20 years later. That quality from the 80's (with phthalates and other yummy stuff).
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by FFRenzy »

RobinsonMason wrote:That stinks.

I got this for about 10 bucks shipped: http://c64walkabout.com/search.aspx?q=j ... 3m&al=none

And the thing is friggin HUGE. Works very nicely, but a bit overkill!
call that huge ? i stil have one of these :
To bad that i don't have a real joystick port on my comp anymore, the Gravis Phoenix was PERFECT for flightsims etc.
Nowadays i use a wired Xbox360 controller on my PC.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride'
Steve B
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Steve B »

big image .. sorry.
this is my controler set up at the moment:
we have (left to right)
USB Competition Pro (speed link SL-6602) --- the buttons aint as good as the origional, but its ok
MS Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 --- The BEST analogue joystick you can buy (i have the Mk 1 also, but no 'game port' any more)
Logitech G25 steering wheel --- This Rocks ! worth every penny
Ideazon Z-Board --- spot on for FPS's
Trust Easy Scroll Silverline Keyboard --- had this for a while before getting the Z-Board ... note the 'WASD' hand print :D
Saitek P2600 Rumble gamepad --- dont use this much ... games that work well with this type of controller i tent to get for the PS3
MS Sidewinder mouse --- i hate MS software, but in the name of Hubbard do they make good hardware !
I C 64 People

Computers can never replace human stupidity
RobinsonMason
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by RobinsonMason »

Ahaha - well, I am soundly defeated.

Although with the arrival of Rock Band it seems even my most non-Gamer-ish friends have an array of accessories that put mine to shame.
RobinsonMason
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by RobinsonMason »

Been playing both Mail Order Monsters, inspired by playing the Geneforge series of games from Spiderweb Software on my PC. I never realized how similar the battle look/feel/sounds were to Archon and Adept until all these years later.

Blogged about it (with download links), hope you enjoy: http://c64walkabout.com/2009/04/16/mail ... forge.aspx
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

RobinsonMason wrote:Simple thread, just tell us which game you last played (and when), if you liked it and why, and post a link from GB64.com (or similar site) to the title. Screenshot if you like.

Mine for today is The Bod Squad.

http://gb64.com/game.php?id=920&d=18&h=0 (file download is at "Latif" link)

A very lively and smooth game I'd never heard of and came across during a search. Supremely playable, with a great intro. The music is top notch, too! Enjoyed it yesterday evening with the VICE emulator and a USB game pad. Didn't get far before family interrupted, so I'll give it another go soon.
Paradroid...
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).