Regarding the matter of (name removed)

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Regarding the matter of (name removed)

Post by Slaygon »

First of all - Very sorry for this lengthy post, but we feel it is necessary. It will be posted as a news item and as a forum post on remix64.com.

Regarding the matter of Manuel Sehrbrock, a.k.a. (name removed), a.k.a owner of radio-(name removed).de.

Spamming. Death threats. Generally hostile behaviour. For a number of years now (name removed) has been pestering the scene, not only by being a general pain in the arse, but much worse - there are documented cases of him threatening people’s lives, calling them at their homes, sending threatening emails, handing out threats on IRC; You name it, he has done it.

For a long time we only considered this character an annoyance, but he has proven, time after time, that he is so much more than that. We have given him every chance possible to be a decent person - even helping him get his radio station online and promoting him.

This, however, was not enough for (name removed). He not only thinks that we are the "big evil" and out to get him, but that we are hindering him from growth. Nothing could be farther from the truth - we have done everything in our power to help this chap with his endevour, but nothing short of shutting our own sites down seem to be good enough for him.

Here are a few recent examples of the kind of communication skills (name removed) has displayed. First a little tidbit that a number of scene people woke up to one morning on IRC:
"I wish you dearly that you will die a long and painfully death visited by the cholera or something like that. I will give a PARTY then and WE ALL will celebrate it!"

Isn't that cute? The sending IP address resolved (name removed)' home town.

But wait. There's more! Facebook invitations en masse and emails are not uncommon. Nor are mass subscriptions to our services with fake accounts, posing as known sceners, used for various methods of spamming on said services.

Here's just the latest batch, made recently on the SLAY Radio shoutbox:
2009-06-23 05:39.10 - the_sie_: Finally!!! Radio (name removed) 4 ever! :)
2009-06-23 05:27.35 - subzero_: Indeed! Let's rock!!! :)
2009-06-23 05:25.25 - makke_: Good idea! I will tune in (name removed) as well! :)
2009-06-23 05:22.55 - ffloaf: Well, there's the Chillout-Zone with DJ Micha on wednesday.
2009-06-23 05:17.18 - boz_: There are some more shows announced?
2009-06-23 05:14.55 - cpt_chaos_: Yeah! Let's rock on http://www.radio-(name removed).de tonight. :D
2009-06-23 05:13.01 - dumper_: Sounds good! I will tune in today at 21:15 CET
2009-06-23 05:10.33 - fnordpojk_: Seems to be the Free Jump with DJ Apprentice.
2009-06-23 05:07.18 - slaygon1971: Wohoo! Let's see what our new partner radio-(name removed) has announce

The above shows 9 different fake accounts he was using on that day alone. To show a bit of statistics, out of 63,922 shouts to date, only 362 have had to be deleted - ALL of them made by (name removed).

The exact amount of his faked accounts, that we’ve had to delete over the years, we don’t really know, but a fair guess would be that the numbers are in the same region as deleted shoutbox posts.

We have tried ignoring him. That didn't work. We have tried communicating with him "behind the scenes". That didn't work. The option we are left with is full exposure. So here you are, (name removed). You’ve finally managed to tip everyone over the edge.

For historical reasons, we’ve unhidden the news post from back in July 2006 asking the community to ignore this guy (see "Selected further reading" below for reference). We actually removed that post on request from (name removed) himself after having a long discussion with him regarding his behaviour. We see no reason to keep it removed any more.

Also, we’d like to encourage everyone to post their experience with this person as a reply to this post.

Thank you for your attention.

- The SLAY Radio Staff.

Selected further reading:

http://www.slayradio.org/archived_news.php?news_item=55
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6869
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6893
http://www.pouet.net/topic.php?which=5376&page=1
http://scenesat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151
http://scenesat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286
http://ziphoid.com/parachat.php
http://zurl.se/para/
cpt_chaos
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: Regarding the matter of (name removed)

Post by cpt_chaos »

Slaygon wrote: Here's just the latest batch, made recently on the SLAY Radio shoutbox:
2009-06-23 05:39.10 - the_sie_: Finally!!! Radio (name removed) 4 ever! :)
2009-06-23 05:27.35 - subzero_: Indeed! Let's rock!!! :)
2009-06-23 05:25.25 - makke_: Good idea! I will tune in (name removed) as well! :)
2009-06-23 05:22.55 - ffloaf: Well, there's the Chillout-Zone with DJ Micha on wednesday.
2009-06-23 05:17.18 - boz_: There are some more shows announced?
2009-06-23 05:14.55 - cpt_chaos_: Yeah! Let's rock on http://www.radio-(name removed).de tonight. :D
2009-06-23 05:13.01 - dumper_: Sounds good! I will tune in today at 21:15 CET
2009-06-23 05:10.33 - fnordpojk_: Seems to be the Free Jump with DJ Apprentice.
2009-06-23 05:07.18 - slaygon1971: Wohoo! Let's see what our new partner radio-(name removed) has announce
Yeah that was one of these days, you know. you're bored at home and one of your friends comes up with the idea to rock on a different internet radio station and since it's such a great idea all of the other guys decide to jump over to the other station, too! damn it that's just the best way to rock your pants...ehm...actually what I was trying to say was - oh boy, how poor is that (I'm not pointing at anyone) !!!!! :hysterical:
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

*sigh* God save us from people who not only think they're clever:
"Hey, let's use DJ usernames with underscores and _pretend_ they like another radio station, boy, I think I'm the only one clever enough to think of that!
... but think everyone else is stupid:
"...and everyone else will fall for it because they're idiots! And if they say it was me, I'll say it could have been anyone in my hometown"
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

I can remember him sending me many radio (name removed) spam PM's over IRC, and of course when I called him on it he completely denied...I also remember that when Radio 6581 started up he had the great idea of swapping DJ's and decided he was going take our DJ's as his community was thriving, and when he says 'radio (name removed) listeners' he always adds one too many letters its spelt 'listener' and its yourself, he is a self endulged, attention hogging, evil, twisted freak and I hope he gets whats coming to him (legal action from chris for not removing the mp3's from his playlist)
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

I've had a few run in with Manuel in the past he called me "an abject ape of laughable island" once, but thats just one the few times he has posted anti-British stuff on here (irony being I'm of Irish decent).

Of course he's spammed me on IRC, MySpace, and Facebook, but I'm sure he does that to everyone.

I've was recently made admin of the 'Radio (name removed) is awful' on facebook. So I've deciced to use this to inform people on facebook of his behavour (thanks very much for all the examples) and I've told him I'll remove the group when he removes the illegall tracks from his site and stops spamming people on Slay/Remix64 and Scenesat. The link is; http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=13142347550
leoni
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by leoni »

Mmyeh I've had the regular spamming and whatnot from this person. Unfortunately I have no logs to show since it happend around the time my computer decided to shut down/crash frequently.
!BLEAAAUUUHHH
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by FFRenzy »

Here's some more proof of spamming in PM's, sent during Anna Black's show on the 23rd of June
Session Start: Tue Jun 23 21:12:18 2009
Session Ident: PacMania
Session Ident: PacMania (PacMania@p5B02EECC.dip.t-dialin.net)
<PacMania>Free Jump with DJ Apprentice - Live at 21:00 CET on http://www.radio-(name removed).de - Best Retro music 4 ever! Join us!!! :-)
Session Close: Tue Jun 23 21:13:35 2009
Note that this person wass NOT on the SLAY IRC channel at the moment, so the fact that he was able to /query means he had some other nick in the channel spying.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride'
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

Manuel - Consider this the official, friendly "cease and desist", posted on the IRC channel tonight (2009-07-06). This is the last friendly request.

[20:44.06] <Slaygon> (name removed): If you have your little spy client in here, please remove it. You are not only breaking the unofficial rules of this channel, but by using your spy client the way you are (i.e. spamming), you are breaking the rules of this very IRC network. So please remove it.
[20:45.04] <Slaygon> (name removed): If you wish to talk to us - Join using your own nick.
Amok
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Amok »

Manuel, you call death threats a "decent talk"??? :slap:

You are pure ignorance, dude...

And if you haven't noticed now: there are no more discussions required. You just should fulfill Chris Abbott's and the other people's demands and leave this community alone. Go back into your own world where are you the center of the universe and everyone is against you.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

First of all, it's weird how you keep claiming that everyone is out to get you, and that everyone is making up false proof of you misbegaving. Do you really think everyone here would WANT to spend so many hours making up allegations against you for no reason?

It's also strange how you seem to have a "private dispute" with everyone who's ever had anything to do with you. I'd say your whole being is a very open, and public dispute.

You've tried to - and continue to - threaten people to be quiet.

No one is buying your "boohoo, I'm a victim of bullys"-horse shit anymore. You're the biggest bully this scene has ever seen, and you've blown every chance to a peaceful co-existance. It's all you, (name removed). It's all your doing. You've brought this on yourself. I don't think you'll ever realize it, but it's the truth - no matter how much you try to excuse yourself with more lies.
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Slaygon
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Slaygon »

(name removed) wrote:BTW, dear "Kenneth Mutka" (if you already hawk around with my name)...the way you acting NOW is the same way like 3 years ago and it should be clear that I didn't have acquiesce this but at least I can demand that you add fictitious logs to stir the fire which you have inflamed by making a private dispute public in THAT way.
Manuel, my name has never been a secret. A quick google search for "Slaygon" would reveil that.

This has long ago ceised to be a private dispute - You have forced it to be a public matter with your behaviour.

Oh, and I do not fake logs. Sorry.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Slaygon wrote:Manuel, my name has never been a secret. A quick google search for "Slaygon" would reveil that.
And neither has his, considering he's "hawked it around" himself right here:
http://www.radio-(name removed).de/team.html
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Boz
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Boz »

(name removed) wrote:BTW, dear "Kenneth Mutka" (if you already hawk around with my name)...the way you acting NOW is the same way like 3 years ago and it should be clear that I didn't have acquiesce this but at least I can demand that you add fictitious logs to stir the fire which you have inflamed by making a private dispute public in THAT way.
I know I shouldn't be, but I'm very concerned about you, Manuel. What is the problem? Is it schizophrenia? It would explain why you send us threats like [and I paraphrase] "I hope you catch cholera and die" (the most recent one as an example) and then claim that we're making false logs. It seems that most of the time you can't remember doing these things - or, convince yourself that it wasn't you who did it.

I feel pity for you and I hope you sort things out with yourself in the future. Just, not in this scene any more. The speed at which this post is growing should be an indication that everyone has given up hope on any reconciliation.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Manuel,

If you have a medical problem please seek treatment, if you dont think you have a medical problem, I would still seek the advice of a professional just to make sure, if you have an underlying problem, it can be managed trough various treatments.

If you were to expend as much energy as you do fighting people, and channel that energy towards your website/radio station (Legally).

You can have the number 1 German Scene related Website/radio. Who is your competition in Germany? Focus on that.

Seriously, you have a great opportunity.

I would recommend you comply with all the requests here, and move on with your life and continue with your own Community.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

Meh someone needs to speak to him in german, seems all points given to him get lost entirely in translation and he seems to think people are not giving him advice but having a go at him .. and if someone already has then im totally lost for constructive idea's regarding mr (name removed) along with everyone else by the sounds of it.

and you only have yourself to blame for that.