Dayta's "Utopia revisited" - lyrics

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
james_mcl
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Dayta's "Utopia revisited" - lyrics

Post by james_mcl »

I've been listening to this one quite a lot, trying to transcribe the lyrics. This is the best I could do; and you'll notice there were quite a few bits I couldn't make out very well.

Actually I've probably got quite a lot of this wrong, and I'm hoping that some of the other forum users will take a shot at correcting some of this/filling in the gaps:
Lots of little n***ers tell me to lyricise my tracks; but face facts, I ain't no Jacks; I just track tracks playin' back.
I'm a drum n' bass artist but when I'm pissed I can't do shit. I get paralytic it's so pathetic but - face it man I'm not athletic.
(When?) I'm (TMC?) 'n proud to be artistically my (chaos? closest?) fantasy. She's gotta torture me in her stockings and - what am I saying, mind your business, G!
Can't do a lyric into the song; it's like (token?) the bar (with Golden One? Wand?) (When/While/Now I'm calling round/probably wrong so is my mom?) she said "(Come home with me Son? Come over here Son? Come out to me Son?)"
You're not
gonna like
what you're now about to hear; I said "Hey Mom, you know what if you're worried; I-I definitely ain't (quitter?)"

(From about 0:59 onwards it's instrumental, with a few things like "Funk that" in the background until about 2:10)

(After that, the above lyrics are repeated again up to 2:47, then: )

Bein' TMC means a lot to me in this paralysis/tracheoctomy. But if that was the key (to let?) funk with me, (but I'm a carelessly/careless sleep legals?)
(?) camera (?) name (?) hip-hop is my game, the only way to beat girls (what the fuck? is) until only one n***er remained.
But I'll be the drum-n-bassed master
runnin away faster
(at this pasta?)
Twisted MC giants next to me says everybody knows I (? ?) faster.

(no lyrics between 3:13 and 4:55. )

(After that, repeat the first lot of lyrics, then the second lot.)
I suspect after that lot I might owe Dayta an apology, as well as anyone else who reads this and is put off listening to one of the best ever Amiga remixes!
james_mcl
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: Dayta's "Utopia revisited" - lyrics

Post by james_mcl »

A bit of an update - after doing some googling it turns out there actually is a TMC/Twisted MC who did the original version of this - you can hear it at:

http://orgasmod.com/index.php?request=v ... ery=165149

More tomorrow - I'm tired and full of no coffee (As the Playwrights said :-).