BIT Live 20xx

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
datucker
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

BIT Live 20xx

Post by datucker »

Are there any plans for another BIT Live, like say in 2010? I'd really like to visit it once in my life. Until now logistics have been a problem for me.

Therefore, what are the chances that BIT Live will be organized somewhere near (or even better, in) The Netherlands?
With kind regards,

DaTucker / Jarno Beumer
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: BIT Live 20xx

Post by Chris Abbott »

Tentative arrangements are being made for something in September 2010, which will be big if it happens. It will 100% be in London though.

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

Chris Abbott wrote:Tentative arrangements are being made for something in September 2010, which will be big if it happens. It will 100% be in London though.

Chris
Yey! I will do this one.
Steve B
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Steve B »

cant wait
I C 64 People

Computers can never replace human stupidity
Infamous
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Infamous »

yay!!!!!!! sadly missed out on meeting a fair few people at the last one despite being in the area and even at liverpool street at one point (managed to get totally lost and met up with a few other people by the offchance) this time i shall be there!. :cheers:
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

London....AGAIN??? for gawd sakes eh!
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Subzero wrote:London....AGAIN??? for gawd sakes eh!
Only London or perhaps Brighton are attractive enough internationally to get people to come. It's mostly to do with selling the event to your other half: London and Brighton are easy sells because there's the shopping and tourist stuff. Most other cities are a lot harder to sell this way, though Edinburgh is another possible contender if London proves impossible. But what I want to do is only really suitable for London anyway.

Basically it comes down to this: hold BIT Live in a place where people would want to go anyway if there wasn't a BIT Live. That's mostly comes down to capital cities.

[edit: and maybe Cardiff if we played the Doctor Who/Torchwood angle ;-)]

Chris
annablack
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by annablack »

Wooooo! :D
tomsk
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by tomsk »

Sounds fab. Look forward to hearing how things are going with the plans (or are they still to be formulated???). London is easy for anyone in the UK, so Subby, you've no excuse ;)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

These things are dealbreakers:

1) It will be in a theatre
2) It will be for charity (the thinking at the moment is to make the evening a memorial to Richard Joseph, and have the live performances having some kind of link to him and his work
3) It will be kind of the SID version of the Oscars, with live performances, tribute awards and video segments.
4) It will require about 50-75 VIP guests to essentially fund it, depending on how much the theatre charges for the main funding of the venue hire.

The plan is for a "big night out" to close the book on BIT Live by honoring composers, remixers and sceners who have contributed and maybe been overlooked, short retrospectives, interviews with Boz (!), etc. The question is: who will come ;-) The plan is also to have Ben Daglish hosting it, helped by Makke and with special guests such as Anna Black presenting awards, and to have the best acts from the years come and reprise a kind of "greatest hits" of their work: so lots of variety, and not much work all round for the acts, if they're willing to come.

OK, well, that's the plan. All it is at the moment is an idea, since I haven't approached the theatre, and I'm due to talk to Jon Hare (hi Jon, if you're reading!) about the Richard Joseph Charity bit and the being generally present and awesome bit :)

Chris
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Hmm, underwhelming response there. Maybe it's not as cool as I thought...
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

Personally I'm looking forward to any BIT event, wherever it takes place.
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Marcel Donné
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Marcel Donné »

Sounds good to me, specially the Richard Joseph tribute/charity so count me in :D
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

[quote="Marcel Donné";Sounds good to me, specially the Richard Joseph tribute/charity so count me in :D[/quote]

I'd LOVE to see a joint PPOT/Makke/Jon Hare Richard Joseph set of Cauldron II, Sacred Armour of Antiriad, Defender of the Crown, I'm a Pumpkin Man, WAR etc. I'm glad it's not just me that's excited by this idea (SID meets Oscars). Man, an extended version of WAR with solos by various musicians would be a great singalong end to the evening... and possibly a change to the DoTC lyrics to sum up the occasion at the end...
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by C64GLeN »

Obviously I'm very interested, also interested to hear more about the VIP guests stuff.