Can't wait for RKO to go back into full swing!

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
RobinsonMason
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Can't wait for RKO to go back into full swing!

Post by RobinsonMason »

Looking forward to a flood of great songs that've built up since 6/30.

Maybe some surprises!

Cheers to remixers who've been working on stuff during the break. :cheers:
dan gillgrass
Built from Stella and KFC
Built from Stella and KFC

Re: Can't wait for RKO to go back into full swing!

Post by dan gillgrass »

RobinsonMason wrote:Looking forward to a flood of great songs that've built up since 6/30.
Thats what I am hoping doesn't happen, RKO has been swamped this year with blah blah mixes that the Great Ones (<-u know who you are) could turn out trapped under ice whilst a cat pissed on them. Im hoping this break will allow composers to think about what they are doing and inspire them to create something different.

<fnordpojk> Dan_Gillg: Is WoW down, or what brings you here? ;)
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Personally speaking, I'm awaiting the reopening of the floodgates with somewhat mixed anticipation. While there's been some highly enjoyable tunes released in RKO's last "season" I feel a bit meh about the recent body of releases as a whole due to a fair share of easily forgettable paint-by-numbers tunes. Hopefully the coming year will provide a larger share of positive surprises, once again taking C64 remixing boldly where no tune has gone before.

Again, that's just my personal opinion. Which shouldn't be confused with an official RKO statement. So no "Remix Shocker: Death of C64 remixing imminent!" headlines please. :D

(In other news: Got back from a brilliant two-week vacation to the US of A and Canada less than 24 hours ago. Which explains me posting this at 5:14 AM. Damn jetlag!)
Vosla
General Pain In The Forum's Ass
General Pain In The Forum's Ass

Post by Vosla »

OHMYGAWD!WEAREALLGOINGTODIE!!! :hysterical:

Nah, serious now. There have been up and downs and the sun burning down on our heads does not only have positive effects... ;-)
Call it the summer hole.

I expect some good tunes and some mediocre tunes. The rest is covered by personal reference.

And this THIS-AND-THAT-IS-GOING-TO-DIE-drivel seems to be the 'new' fad among the unimaginative, be it posted on a mod-page on moddb.com, a homepage or whatelse. If it doesn't generate a diarrhoea of updates, it's called dead after a few days... WOAH! GET A LIFE, YOU IMPATIENT LOT!

The internet zombies of today don't mutter "Braaaiiins" but "Updaaaates". My answer is "Nooooooobs".
All is lost.
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

Remix Shocker: Death of C64 remixing imminent!

Sorry, had to do it. :duh:
RobinsonMason
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by RobinsonMason »

I came late to the party and spend most of the past year listening to remixes way back from 2000 up until now, so I didn't notice a drop in quality or quantity --- aside from yet-another-Last Ninja and Comic Bakery stuff I usually pass over, it all keeps me entertained...but what do I know I'm not even a remixer...! :P (just a listener)
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Speaking of "yet-another-Last Ninja or Comic Bakery" - you'll never guess what the seasons first upload is.

Hint: It's not Comic Bakery.
RobinsonMason
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by RobinsonMason »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:Speaking of "yet-another-Last Ninja or Comic Bakery" - you'll never guess what the seasons first upload is.

:hysterical:

The Ninjas strike!
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

RobinsonMason wrote:
Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:Speaking of "yet-another-Last Ninja or Comic Bakery" - you'll never guess what the seasons first upload is.

:hysterical:

The Ninjas strike!
Like... er... Ninjas?
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Doddsy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Doddsy »

Vosla wrote: And this THIS-AND-THAT-IS-GOING-TO-DIE-drivel seems to be the 'new' fad among the unimaginative, be it posted on a mod-page on moddb.com, a homepage or whatelse. If it doesn't generate a diarrhoea of updates, it's called dead after a few days... WOAH! GET A LIFE, YOU IMPATIENT LOT!
I don't think C64 remixing will die as it has a lot of support from musicians submitting remixes and the maintainers work hard to get this site up to date. What I have noticed over the last 12 months is a drop in the amount of downloads. When I first joined way back in 2005, remixers were topping about 3000 downloads in just a few weeks for their tracks. Now it's averaging to about just over half that.

In the coming months Retrogamer magazine will be covering sid tunes so there maybe more musicians submitting tracks and more downloads as they discover this site.
Mayhem
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Mayhem »

Best of the new bunch? That Bionic Commando track. Now to get him to do stage three...
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Mayhem wrote:Best of the new bunch? That Bionic Commando track. Now to get him to do stage three...
His remix album will actually be the next one released on digital download... :) (no more Bionic Commando though)
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?