Trackers for the PC

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
C64GLeN
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Trackers for the PC

Post by C64GLeN »

Tonka wrote:
tomsk wrote:
This guys (Hunz) latest album was done entirely using Renoise and I for one think it's rather effing good...
I agree - very good. But did anyone notice the person attributed to mastering >?? A certain Mathew Gray.....? Could it be ? Probably not! But I'm sure someone will put me right.:)
Nah - No piss-poor girl bands in his client list, so it can't be OUR Matt Gray...

http://matthewgraymastering.com/clients.html
It's not 'our' Matt however Matt use to work for Xenomania a UK pop songwriting production house, working with some top pops acts like Pet Shop Boys, Girls Aloud, Kylie Minogue, Sugababes (but some of those acts could be considered 'Piss Poor' e.g. Ant & Dec)
Tonka
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Tonka »

C64GLeN wrote: 'Piss Poor' e.g. Ant & Dec)
How DARE you!!!
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Definitely not him. He lives/lived in Kent, this guy's in Australia.
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

Another tracker is AXS, it's pretty fun to work with :D
I did these 2 track on it, I even did my Delta remix in it :D
http://trace.ziphoid.com/?q=AXS
(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
spacefractal
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by spacefractal »

even this is a month old thread, I have recently, after a lots of years pause creating XM music, a whole xm soundtrack album (37 songs, 36 songs used in game) for the game Manic Miner - The Lost Levels for the Nintendo DS. Its was a fun project (not to been commented about this game in this thread, start a new one instead).

For creating music for that game, I did something like this:

- FL-Studio for sounds and exported them.
- Audacity, Goldwave and EZ-Editor as soundtools to convert the samples exported from FL-Studio.
- Skale Tracker for my main tracker tool (it have interface not far from Fast Tracker II).
- Mikly Tracker for finalize, optimize and convert to 8 bit samples (and even did create some tunes in that as well).

I did saved both 16 and 8 bit versions of same song, so the soundtrack version got the 16 bit version, but the NDS game used 8 bit samples.

It was all fun to do trackers again :D
_Steve_

Post by _Steve_ »

spacefractal wrote: - Skale Tracker for my main tracker tool (it have interface not far from Fast Tracker II).
- Mikly Tracker for finalize, optimize and convert to 8 bit samples (and even did create some tunes in that as well).
I can second MilkyTracker. I originally tried that on my mobile phone for a laugh, then got the PC one. I only really played around with it in a little more depth the other day (took a little getting used to coming from a PT2.x/3.x and OctaMedSS background), but for creating both MOD and XM is is one of the best trackers I have played with.

Skale also was one I got a few years back to play around with, but sadly it's lack of development progress has hindered a lot of the enthusiasm people had for it.

I had a look at Renoise, and yes it is a fantastic tool. The only issue I had was that I couldn't export the tune as a mod (which I needed to be able to do for some tunes needed for an Amiga while I was abroad at the time and not able to use my Amiga or UAE).