dear RKO staff ...;-)

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Amok
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: dear RKO staff ...;-)

Post by Amok »

Maybe you should just change the remixer name to X-Klang or 2-Klang or whatever and leave the remixes on RKO?
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

phew... ;-) well, i just asked to remove those old remixes, 'cause i'm not longer happy with the quality, some of those old ones will be re-released, for example i uploaded a new version of this max headroom vs beastie boys remix, with better sounds, better mixing and yes, now there are drums...;-) also uploaded another strange future knight remix....

cheers,
micha
james_mcl
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by james_mcl »

Heh, that is good news! Looking forward to those on RKO!
james_mcl
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by james_mcl »

Out of curiousity, why was the other Max Headroom track called "November Regen"?
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

'caus i did that max headroom on a rainy november day, a long, long time ago..... btw. it's that slow MH subtune, i also done a new version of this....;-)

cheerio!
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

ifadeo wrote:sry jan, i had some probs with my provider, i got my mail back.... and i thought there is a staff behind RKO, which helps you with requests like mine....take all the time u need for those changes...

@vosla: hmmm, all remixes i listed up, are crap....in some way, i'm just not happy with them anymore...;-)

cheers,
micha
Should you not be proud of your personal musical development through time, instedad of just ignoring it? ... everyone start out with crap, evolve and finaly become masters in their art... your music is your proof of your evolvement in your field... hell, if you one day become millionaire everyone will be paying big money for old stuff, this is seen a lot actually... all those "unreleased" works, that never got out because it was "crap". :D

Would be a shame to just erase everything Ifadeo :)

Hell with it, I'm also unsatisfied with practically every remix I've done so far, and I also belive I can do better... I will ALWAYS be able to do better, that is what evolvement is all about... 5 years from now, will you then be coming by, asking for the tunes of tomorrow to be deleted, because you got better?

Hope you can see my point, it's not criticism, and the decision is yours to take... it's just MY opinion.
Regards, Jess D. Skov-Nielsen (Razmo).
ifadeo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by ifadeo »

hey ya, razmo... yeah, i got your point, i asked just to delete those few remixes ' cause of quality reasons and as i said i had for some of them a replacement planned or already done but not released yet.... and yeah, there some remixes i've done which i still like..... ;-)

thanks for your words, mate... !

cheers,
micha
Doddsy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Doddsy »

I think if your not happy with some of your past work and/or people have stopped listening to them and you feel it doesn't represent your musical skills now then, if it is possible without too much trouble to get them removed then why not. Commercial artists with old albums and singles in particular get deleted everyday so the only place to get them is in second hand stores.

Maybe it makes your old work more special to the community as a whole after its reached its "sellby date" or is that; "download date" because "you had to be there" at the time to get it and now its not so readily available, you have to go searching on the net for it! :nod:
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

A good example of a famous artist that have something "crap" out there is Jean Michel Jarre... anyone wanting to hear some of his earliest commercial work would have their jaw drop I'm sure... if you want to listen, then try and find his work on his album "Deserted Palace"... Even though it's very inspiring to listen to, it's certainly not something a would believe Jarre to be proud of today I'm sure :) ... sounds worse than a SID chip (ouch! I did not see that coming!... or did I? :lol: ).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRMBRZDAaJU
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Razmo wrote:A good example of a famous artist that have something "crap" out there is Jean Michel Jarre... anyone wanting to hear some of his earliest commercial work would have their jaw drop I'm sure... if you want to listen, then try and find his work on his album "Deserted Palace"... Even though it's very inspiring to listen to, it's certainly not something a would believe Jarre to be proud of today I'm sure :) ... sounds worse than a SID chip (ouch! I did not see that coming!... or did I? :lol: ).

Listening to his old stuff actually makes me even more convinced that his most famous work was mostly the work of Michel Geiss :)

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Chris Abbott wrote: Listening to his old stuff actually makes me even more convinced that his most famous work was mostly the work of Michel Geiss :)
I have come to the same conclusion.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

Chris Abbott wrote:
Razmo wrote:A good example of a famous artist that have something "crap" out there is Jean Michel Jarre... anyone wanting to hear some of his earliest commercial work would have their jaw drop I'm sure... if you want to listen, then try and find his work on his album "Deserted Palace"... Even though it's very inspiring to listen to, it's certainly not something a would believe Jarre to be proud of today I'm sure :) ... sounds worse than a SID chip (ouch! I did not see that coming!... or did I? :lol: ).

Listening to his old stuff actually makes me even more convinced that his most famous work was mostly the work of Michel Geiss :)

Chris
I'm afraid I have to say that you're probably right Chris... even though I hate to say it :? ... He must have had a very special influence, or maybe it's just a very special period of time in Jarre's evolvement musically... But I still do not understand, why he did not do more of this later... that hint's me at the possiblity that you are writing about.

Nonetheless, I still enjoy his early work very very much... Jarre or Geiss :) ... few has succeeded in creating the same sense of mood that Equinoxe and Oxygene has... if it's Jarre, Geiss or the musical instruments used... or maybe a mixture, I do not know.

Does anyone know if Geiss WAS a musician at all, or just a technician? ... maybe he has written something musical after he left Jarre?... worth checking out I guess...
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Razmo wrote: Nonetheless, I still enjoy his early work very very much... Jarre or Geiss :) ... few has succeeded in creating the same sense of mood that Equinoxe and Oxygene has... if it's Jarre, Geiss or the musical instruments used... or maybe a mixture, I do not know.

Does anyone know if Geiss WAS a musician at all, or just a technician? ... maybe he has written something musical after he left Jarre?... worth checking out I guess...
Sorry to add to this and take it the topic on a tangent.. but I can give you a perfect example of something being a mixture and once that mixture separated sounding something different.

Depeche Mode I'm sure a good percentage of people have heard ot the band have heard something produced by this band they have been around since the early 80's.

Alan Wilder Joined the band in 1982 and left June 01,1995 between that time as he grew up with the band, a combination of his skills with Piano, Synths and Studio production added something magical to every album. His handy work simply took each song to a new level. After he left the band, you could hear the difference the magic was gone. Although each album released has been successful and fans buy them up, its never been the same.

You also have to look at Alan's Solo work after leaving the band, its a different sound and weather intentional or not, not that successful commercially.

So Depeche Mode with Alan as a member was better than without him and you can hear the difference, over the years they have brought in different producers with their own teams and simply could not replace the one man.

I think same with JMJ and Geiss with the two combined maybe thats why there was that magical sound.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Razmo
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Razmo »

That's true... yet another good reason to be solo from start to the end :)

Anyway, I heard a few productions where Geiss have had influence since JMJ yesterday, in a group called "Lightwave"... I can hear a rare one similarity to some of the "noises" on Jarre's earliest albums, but still, it's not totaly the same.

It's VERY inspiring to listen to though, and something I'm considering buying someday probably... awesome sonic production to be honest.

So I believe you are right about collaborations... the magic is the combination, not the person themselves, and sadly, many musicians do not take this into account... they think they can get fan status, and on their peek leave the band and go solo, carrying the glory with them... few really do this successfully though.
Analog-X64 wrote:
Razmo wrote: Nonetheless, I still enjoy his early work very very much... Jarre or Geiss :) ... few has succeeded in creating the same sense of mood that Equinoxe and Oxygene has... if it's Jarre, Geiss or the musical instruments used... or maybe a mixture, I do not know.

Sorry to add to this and take it the topic on a tangent.. but I can give you a perfect example of something being a mixture and once that mixture separated sounding something different.

Depeche Mode I'm sure a good percentage of people have heard ot the band have heard something produced by this band they have been around since the early 80's.

Alan Wilder Joined the band in 1982 and left June 01,1995 between that time as he grew up with the band, a combination of his skills with Piano, Synths and Studio production added something magical to every album. His handy work simply took each song to a new level. After he left the band, you could hear the difference the magic was gone. Although each album released has been successful and fans buy them up, its never been the same.

You also have to look at Alan's Solo work after leaving the band, its a different sound and weather intentional or not, not that successful commercially.

So Depeche Mode with Alan as a member was better than without him and you can hear the difference, over the years they have brought in different producers with their own teams and simply could not replace the one man.

I think same with JMJ and Geiss with the two combined maybe thats why there was that magical sound.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

The way I heard it, Oxygene was already mostly finished before JMJ came on the scene, but Geiss needed a sponsor/front to get it launched. JMJ was the perfect star vehicle. Of course, that's just "what I heard" :).

Chris
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?