looking for artist!

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
ewun

looking for artist!

Post by ewun »

hello all,

First off I'm a HUGE amiga nerd, growing up in the late 80's and early 90's I played a lot of games in my basement for hours on end. To this day, I am a fan of the rich graphics, the music, the whole experience really. Later on in life, i've realized that a lot of my artistic sensibility has been heavily influenced by the endless hours zoning away in front of games like shadow of the beast, and turrican, (and music by guys like the bitmap bros!) In the last couple years I started an electronic music project called "kill the noise" www.killnoisekill.com. I've gotten to the point now where I am touring regularly, and have reached a stage in my career where I'd like to start incorporating some visual aspects to my performance. I am looking to get in touch with some artists that might still be animating that 16 bit artwork that inspired me so much growing up. I remember the really cool (crack) intros (and still search for them on youtube) and even went through the painstaking labor of figuring out how to emulate some of these games on my mac. (almost had a aneurism)

I don't wanna overwhelm you with info at this point, just seeing if there was any interest there or if any of you would be so kind to share some links or point me in a direction. Its really cool to see these communities still super active, it's really awesome to see that there were so many people like me that have been so inspired by the amazing art from that era, both audio and visual!

Thanks!

ps. don't mean to drop in with such a wordy first post! i've been poking around the forum all evening, and plan on returning regularly! didn't know it existed until today :)
Stormy
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Re: looking for artist!

Post by Stormy »

If you are interested in old Amiga intros, you might also want to check their flash/java re-creations at [exturl=http://flashtro.com/]flashtro.com[/exturl].
Some of the old sceners seem to still hang around there, so you might also ask around in their forum.
Terminal Storm.
http://tst.ziphoid.com/
trace
Forum God
Forum God

Post by trace »

(Carpe Diem Seize the day)
Soundcloud PowerTrace
c64-> /various/M-r/Noise_of_SID
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Welcome to the board, You've landed on one of the coolest websites on the planet.

The flashtro site is an excellent place to start with the type of graphics you are looking for.

Here is a sample of something I did, trying to recreate intro effects. The graphics is rendered in a 3D Package.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
datucker
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by datucker »

Wow, great music you compose! :worship:
With kind regards,

DaTucker / Jarno Beumer