Bit Live:Brighton - Real Media Streaming (BIG THANKS)

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Bit Live:Brighton - Real Media Streaming (BIG THANKS)

Post by Analog-X64 »

I would like to shout out a big thanks to whoever setup the Real Media Streaming of the Brighton Bit Live.

Being In Canada It was the closest thing to actually being there.

Audio was Great!! Very Clear.
sighphur

Post by sighphur »

Yes indeed! Many thanks to the person(s) who set that up, the audio was really good quality.

Cheers,

Lee
skitz
Scene Legend
Scene Legend

Post by skitz »

Phew!!!

I had no way of knowing if it was working so I am glad you all got to hear what was being played! Unfortunately my webcam was a little far away from the stage area so you probably didn't see much - and it was too low where I was to be of any use as people kept on standing in front of me :)

So - it was worth it after all :)

Regards
Skitz
DJ Skitz
email: skitz@djskitz.com
email: skitz@slayradio.org
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

I live in Canada and I know about 6-8 People who were attending the show.

I was chatting with one of them through their Cell Phone which was connected to the net.

The video although fuzzy was enough to make out what was happening on stage. Since I was chatting with an attendee, I would get the details that I was missing.

So I would ask who was playing the Flute? or who was playing the Violin. I only got to see the last 1 hour and 44 minutes of the show since I didnt know exactly when it would begin in relation to my timezone.

So I missed Rob Hubbard on the piano etc... I'll definatly pick up the DVD once it is released.

Having the Streaming Video/Audio was the closest to actually being there considering I live on the other side of the planet from where the concert was :)

At times I could sort of see what was going on in the projection screen but had to ask to get better description.

The Audio was Top NOTCH!!!! no distortion at all!!!, almost as good as being plugged right into the sound board :)

The whole experience was amazing even though I was sitting here in my living room. It was a nice feeling that I was able to enjoy the show at the same time that you guys were.

Again Very Very Extremely Super Dupper Thanks for setting up the streaming broadcast.
sighphur

Post by sighphur »

It worked great. I watched a good bit of the gig, from half way into Rob's Set to the end. Fair play to you for going to the trouble of setting it up.

If im ever over in England i'll buy you a pint!

Thanks again,

Lee
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

Analog-X wrote:So I would ask who was playing the Flute? or who was playing the Violin. I only got to see the last 1 hour and 44 minutes of the show since I didnt know exactly when it would begin in relation to my timezone.
It was the one and only Mr Ben Daglish on flute, and me on violin...
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

At this point I'd like to add that Paul (Skitz) paid for the webcast from his own money just to give people this entertainment! What a hero!!

Chris
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

> Andreas / Drummer / Stuck in D'Eighties
That's your new job now :)
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

It's certainly something we could talk about more.

My personal views are... if SID80's continues, it SHOULD NOT tread on PPOT's toes. So, they tend to rock things up a lot. SID80's tended to play more groove than rock. Not my choice, but that's what happened (easier to do with hardly any rehersal).

So, if SID80's continues, and can compliment PPOT then I'm cool with that, but they were and are the original C64 tribute band.

We can talk about this over email Andreas :)
Jim Power
Forum Loony
Forum Loony

Post by Jim Power »

I recorded almost the complete concert on tape - audio quality is OK for the SID80's tracks, but not as good as described above, so maybe somebody else has made a better recording... if you'd still like a copy, drop me a line and I'll be happy to help out.
carlsson
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by carlsson »

madfiddler wrote:It was the one and only Mr Ben Daglish on flute
How does he compare to Martin's relative (yes, I'm trying to refer to James Galway)?
madfiddler
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Post by madfiddler »

Much much more energy :)