Woot i got remixed ... or?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Zzr
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Woot i got remixed ... or?

Post by Zzr »

So some time ago i got a youtube friend invite from ocremix wich should be known by most of you guys and ladies, and i gladly accepted with nothing more in mind.
Today then i found myself looking for any amberstar remixes on ocremix.org and found one! Wohoo.

Then i clicked the preview and listened to my own tune ... i guess ^^

this is my original - http://amigaremix.com/remixes/search/am ... track%2011

this is the remix i found there http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01512/

Now i'm wondering a bit. Shall i be somehow proud of my tune getting used or is that a bad thing? No Clue how to react to this even though im pretty sure its based on my tune.

hmmmm ^^

greetings, Zzr
Mordi
Forum Hero
Forum Hero

Re: Woot i got remixed ... or?

Post by Mordi »

Zzr wrote:Shall i be somehow proud of my tune getting used or is that a bad thing?
Sue the bastard!! :arr:
Check out my website.
SarahKreuz31
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by SarahKreuz31 »

I guess that would be okay if he mentioned you. But...no, he didn`t.

You know what? The OCR Remix over there is in my Collection already for a couple of years and I haven`t heard your remix until now. :confusion: Strange somehow.
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by FFRenzy »

Are we having another DJ Balor ?
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride'
SarahKreuz31
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by SarahKreuz31 »

FFRenzy wrote:Are we having another DJ Balor ?
Oh, so this happened before over here. :nonono: hmmm...lemme think of it. If it were MY music he`d ripped off...yeah, I would felt so goddamn pissed off. I would report him, I would Email him - I would troll him like a bitch. :hysterical: But that`s just me.
Sometimes it`s good if things like this don`t bother you (too much).
Well...at least...WE all here in the Forum finally know now who did it first,ZZR. :nod:
Zzr
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Zzr »

Are we having another DJ Balor ?
Hm, its not really ripped off, its just taken and modified into something completely different looking at the main picture. Not like Balor did it i would say. Thats what confused me right there. I'm not that angry about it. When i found it it was more like "LOL uhm...." I might just let it be and feel somehow honored that i am into the cycle of mixed retro gaming once more. Ah well... :roll:
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

He really should mention his sources though.

You're not doing a remix of Amberstar and sell the composition as your own either, do you.
Liontamer
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA - Community Manager & Submissions Evaluator, OverClocked ReMix

Post by Liontamer »

Wow, so Dirk just found me on OC ReMix and private messaged me today about this sampling of parts of his AMIGAremix without his permission. I don't know if anyone here helped him find how to contact me (since I am in fact the right person to fix this issue and give Zzr the proper credits), but I'm just letting everyone know that Zzr will receive co-credit as a collaborator on VIRTUALVIBE's mix, and he'll be an official OC ReMixer. :-)

We're actually going to re-release our torrents sometime this year, so that's when the corrections will be made. But if he had hesitated a bit longer than the year since this thread started, this fix wouldn't have been included in our torrents. So cheers for Dirk reaching out to me before it would have been a hassle to correct this unfair oversight by VIRTUALVIBE. I can't check everywhere online, but had I known about this problem a year ago, I would have gladly fixed it then. I'm just happy he registered on OC ReMix and found out how to contact me. :-)
LMan
R64 Founder
R64 Founder

Post by LMan »

Good to know, thanks for the hint. :)
Zzr
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Zzr »

Hehe, as stated in my private message, i messaged you just because i found you as the one opening the old approval thread about the ambertrance. i really just thought "he probably is one of the persons wich can handle my issue"

Yes, its been roughly a year now after i opened this thread, and from being just a bit confused about that thing, i started getting angry, and lately just wanted to "do something"- thats pretty much why i went to ocremix and contacted a moderator.

When i was new to the internet and to the PC in general many years ago, my friends and me created a little art group. my first releases were midi songs, and one of those contained a part of one amberstar song aswell, but i didnt credit it correctly, and i got schooled by someone who found the song and knew about the song part. i was really embarrassed and yes, i clearly saw this person was right. after this, something like that never happened again because from this happening i learned how to handle musical works that contain parts of other artists, or being completely based on it.

long talk, short message, thanks for looking into that, liontamer. still a bid sad, though.

cheers, Zzr

edit: typo