Tron Legacy soundtrack

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Ferrara
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Tron Legacy soundtrack

Post by Ferrara »

I've been listening to the soundtrack from various sources (http://www.tronsoundtrack.com, youtube, etc) and just
from the previews I can recommend this soundtrack all the fans of SID-music, arpeggios, analogue synths etc 8)

Just waiting for the digital download to become available on December 7th...

Opinions of this looks-like-it's-going-to-be-a-masterpiece -soundtrack, anyone ? :)

I'm not even remotely affiliated with Daft Punk, Disney or Encom (although I wish I was), I'm just very excited
of the new Tron -movie, and going to watch the original with my wife just before we go to the cinema to see it in 3D.
Ferrara
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Re: Tron Legacy soundtrack

Post by Ferrara »

Of course, I'm not saying that this is "the ultimate soundtrack" and best ever made of all the soundtracks.
It just seems to grasp the spirit and the atmosphere of the Tron mythos perfectly 8) And thus feels like
the "perfect" soundtrack fitting for this movie. Like Hans Zimmer's soundtracks for The Dark Knight,
Inception, Black Rain etc etc etc... :)
SarahKreuz31
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by SarahKreuz31 »

I try to avoid listening to the Soundtrack before I watch the Movie. As well as I try to avoid watching too much Trailers. :rofl: Yeah, sounds strange,I know. But I wanna gain the most Tron-experience right there in the Cinema. :) (Tron I is a beloved Movie of my childhood,the sequel had to be nothing less than GREAT)
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

I've had a listen to the five track promo (?) EP they've got of it on Spotify (I could swear I saw the entire album on there yesterday, but it seems to have been pulled off again :( ). Sounds really nice! Very much mid 90's PC demoscene - like if Vangelis would've made demo music.

You rarely go wrong with Daft Punk. The only bad thing, is that my home system doesn't do the bass justice. :)
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
Bog
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by Bog »

Point of note, it's on Speshal on Amazon's MP3 store at the moment for four bucks. SO WORTH IT. I keep expecting bits of it to lift off into Jarre or Hubbard or one of a dozen others.

DO IT.

DO IT NOW.

:D :D :D :D
Pixel tamer
Mark "Bog" Hennessy-Barrett. Chris says you should ask me about the Wizball video ;)
Or go look at http:/www.imaginetix.co.uk
Subzero
Whaurs ma troosers!!!
Whaurs ma troosers!!!

Post by Subzero »

its bloody good - hope the film is as good as the soundtrack!!
Ferrara
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Ferrara »

Oh man, the movie was beautiful! The soundtrack complemented the visuals right up to shivers in my spine when the "Fall" -track cued!
Definitely on my blu-ray -wishlist :D