Happy 10th birthday Remix64.com

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Happy 10th birthday Remix64.com

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

LMan wrote:Very true. And: R64 had a different forum software before, so the earliest join date with the phpBB version is 21/11/2002. The earliest join date at the main site is November 2001.
Happy belated b-day, R64. You make life so much easier for RKO and I, with your voting engine, brilliant forum, and other great stuff. :D

Actually, I recall thinking that it was silly to move away from the C64rmx mailing list to a web-based forum back in 2001. Probably because I was on dial-up back then. Oh, and apparently I joined up four days after the phpBB version of the forum was launched. Probably away on holiday or something at the time, or I would have signed up on Day One. :)

(Now, back to Portal 2)
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Ten years of friendship! Because that's what this place is - highly concentrated friendship.

Remix64 kind of gave me an outlet for things my "normal" friends couldn't give me. Some of my "normal" friends were (and still are) retro computer geeks, but most of them are not. Most of them didn't really get it. But in this place I found a lot of minds to unite with, and thanks to that I've made a whole lot of new friends.

I didn't realize the full reach of Remix64 (and RKO) until in 2006. I was being interviewed for a job, and was being shown around by the interviewer. This guy walked up to us and asked "Aren't you Makke?". "Yes..." I replied, slightly embarrassed as it was totally unexpected. "Man, I love your stuff!"

I got the job, and Carl (the guy asking) and I became fast friends. All thanks to this place!

(Well, that and my awesome remixing skills! ;) )
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
SarahKreuz31
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by SarahKreuz31 »

Happy Börschdei Image
And thx to all who are working behind all of this (Remix64, RKO, Amigaremix), you Guys definitively rock the Scene.