what was the name of this game....?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Zzr
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

what was the name of this game....?

Post by Zzr »

hey there.

for some months now i remember one game i played on the amiga but i cant remember the name...

it was pretty dark and you saw it from "above" - the story was something around a person who thinks he gets errrrm.... orders to kill some specific people, and thats how the game progresses, you pretty much kill one after another. and in the end you get shot as murderer after the final assassination.

does anyone of you maybe remember that game, and know the name? my researches were completely unsuccesful :-l

cheers, zzr
SarahKreuz31
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: what was the name of this game....?

Post by SarahKreuz31 »

Could be this one:

Zzr
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Zzr »

hell yes! big big big thanks sarah. thats exactly the game.
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

She's big on the Amiga you know - it seems Sarah can come up with an Amiga game the same as some trivia nut can conjure the name of a rare old b-side!

Maybe I could ask her why a picture I saved in Amiga .iff format wouldn't open in Deluxe Paint. I tried this ages ago so can't remember any details.
SarahKreuz31
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by SarahKreuz31 »

Wasn`t ILBM/IFF a standart for "Deluxe Paint"? As far as I remember it was even THE standart. I only used painting programs once in a while. When I wasn`t playing and playing and pla... I was just bitching around with the "Protracker" a little bit (or something else that was funny in my opinion ; creating some stupid Demos with the "Databecker Demomaker" for example XD ).
so....don`t know. I had a huge collection of IFF-pictures on Disk. And I remember that I used to watch them with Deluxe Paint IV (which was the only program I had - `till I switched to an Amiga with HD in the mid-90`s - there were several programs available...can`t even remember their Names...)
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by AndyUK »

If I remember .iff was a generalized file format that could contain files of different types based on the header/chunk within the .iff.( Ilbm and 8svx ) Didn't electronic Arts actually create the file format for use with Dpaint? and Dmusic? gawd, it's been a while heh..

Maybe Commie's .iff were in a higher resolution or colour depth than the version of Dpaint trying to load into. Or just plain corrupt files? Hmm lots of different types of .iff image formats though.. RGFX for retGFX cards, PBM for the PC Dpaint, ACBM for ham6/8 and 24bit.. the list went on and on..

What program did you use to convert Commie??

SarahKreuz31 wrote:Wasn`t ILBM/IFF a standart for "Deluxe Paint"? As far as I remember it was even THE standart. I only used painting programs once in a while. When I wasn`t playing and playing and pla... I was just bitching around with the "Protracker" a little bit (or something else that was funny in my opinion ; creating some stupid Demos with the "Databecker Demomaker" for example XD ).
so....don`t know. I had a huge collection of IFF-pictures on Disk. And I remember that I used to watch them with Deluxe Paint IV (which was the only program I had - `till I switched to an Amiga with HD in the mid-90`s - there were several programs available...can`t even remember their Names...)
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Try renaming IFF to ILBM and load it that way see what happens.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

Thanks for those. I'll have another play at some stage.

I used Paint Shop Pro 9 to render the image.
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by AndyUK »

I use Irfanview to view and convert files, has so many file formats to load/save to. It's fast in viewing mode and Free!! Does all sorts of batch processing too.. Oh and .iff is in there as a save format

and the Key thing for me..? Small size.. VERY small disk base.

What file format are you saving in? I know .iff but which file type.

If you REALLY want to get retro, try a search for Deluxe paint II enhanced for the PC..

Commie_User wrote:Thanks for those. I'll have another play at some stage.

I used Paint Shop Pro 9 to render the image.