Cinemware on iPhone

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Cinemware on iPhone

Post by Analog-X64 »

Yup.. you can now play Defender of the Crown on your iPHone. Check out these links.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/12/cinem ... w-availab/

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/defender ... 52008?mt=8

d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Re: Cinemware on iPhone

Post by AndyUK »

Not overly excited about DOC, always thought it was one of Cinemaware's weaker games' especially the clunky fight sections.. ( nice graphics though ), BUT.. That Icontrolpad.. Now that's something funky and possibly something that needs to be standardized.. A nice generic cheap controller, b'cause being honest, playing games on Ipod/phone stinks..

http://www.manomio.com/index.php/blog

But if they continue with the Amiga emulation, that'd open up lots of games that DO suit the Ipod/phone/pad.. OOOooOhhH Syndicate!!
Mister Ghostie
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Mister Ghostie »

I could never get into Defender of the Crown. In fact, I don't think I was that keen on any of Cinemaware's games.

However, I did absolutely love It Came from the Desert.....if only for the superb intro sequence!
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

Actually I preferred the C64 version of Defender of the Crown to its' Amiga counterpart. Something about using the mouse to control the action bits just felt wrong.

My favorite Cinemaware games were Wings, DotC, SDI, and Rocket Ranger - in that order. Absolutely loved Wings. Sadly I never got around to trying King of Chicago. The rest of their lineup left me somewhat indifferent.
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:Actually I preferred the C64 version of Defender of the Crown to its' Amiga counterpart.
Agreed. Though the graphics of the Amiga version is to this day awesome!
Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:Absolutely loved Wings.
Agreed!
Jan Lund Thomsen wrote:Sadly I never got around to trying King of Chicago.
I didn't like it, but I didn't get around to playing it until the mid 90's. I think it's one of few Cinemaware games that aged badly.

It Came From the Desert also deserves a mention. Although completely impossible to win, it's one of those games with great atmosphere!
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -