Getting old.. :(

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Getting old.. :(

Post by AndyUK »

Okay, I got excited today. Bought Floyds 'Dark side of the moon' on the remastered Vinyl.. Sighh hehe.. Anyone else still use viny...er.. . L.P's :confusion: in their listening time?
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Getting old.. :(

Post by Chris Abbott »

Vi-nil? Is that kind of Ice Cream flavour? I've heard of speaker cones, is it anything to do with that? :)
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Did you get eargasm with it? I bought the remastered CD for their 25th.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Makke
gooooooood!
gooooooood!

Post by Makke »

I still listen to vinyl. Both new releases, but mostly old stuff. That's because the pretentious production technique snob in me want to listen to recordings on the medium they were originally recorded, mixed and mastered for. But also I like hard copies, and the ritual of putting the disc on the turn table and put the needle to the vinyl.

There's nothing rational about it. Other than that I find it more comfortable to listen to vinyl in headphones. My ears get less tired after hours of listening, but that has less to do with the medium itself than the modern, loud, earbreaking production style of the day.

Also, cover art looks better on vinly. :)
-.. .--- / .--. . .-. .--. .-.. . -..- / ..-. .- -. / -.-. .-.. ..- -... / .--. .-. . ... .. -.. . -. -
FFRenzy
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by FFRenzy »

Makke wrote:Also, cover art looks better on vinly. :)
Agreed, especially on specials like this one :

Image Image

..which i actually own ( although the sleeve is torn and falling apart. )
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride'
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

Older productions suited vinyl. More warmth and feel, less over-emphasis on high end and detail, which is vinyl's Achilles Heel.

It's not just me but I noticed the vinyl copy of Strawberry Fields Forever, on the 'blue' Beatles compilation LP, sounded warmer than that of the CDs. A like-for-like comparison between record and CD players similar in price point, age and quality. Slight record rumble may or may not have influenced.