Jon Hare

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Chappers
Forum Adept
Forum Adept

Jon Hare

Post by Chappers »

Interesting snippet of news that I found out at Brighton.

Was talking to Richard Joseph about how he was doing at Elixir Studios and the copy of the SexnDrugsnRocknRoll soundtrack I got from him a while back. He mentioned that Jon Hare is working at Elixir for a couple of days a week on another project and that they regularly talk about the SDRR album and the faint possibility of creating another soundtrack/game.

Personally, I would love to see not only another soundtrack created but a game to appear as well. However, the amount of money that Richard & Jon ploughed into creating SDRR and the subsequent reluctance of publishers to buy the game & soundtrack from them has made both of them naturally wary of trying to create anything resembling SDRR afterwards.

In today's times of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, I don't see why SDRR couldn't appear. It's incredibly tame in comparison to Vice City.

Here's a link to some info (and an interview with Jon) about SexnDrugsnRocknRoll.

http://www.purplesensi.co.uk/snd/

Paul
merman
Forum Fish
Forum Fish

Post by merman »

I talked to Jon and Richard about it at Back in Time 3 last year - they both said the same thing, "It's too risky". Ironically, I saw a PC game the other day that is about managing rock stars, in the same style as the classic "Rock Star Ate My Hamster"...
--Anyone want to remix my SIDs?--
merman1974 on Twitter, Steam and Xbox Live
Dimouse

Re: Jon Hare

Post by Dimouse »

Hi guys!

Recently I've chanced upon the article about Sensible Software last unfinished game, which Jon Hare and Richard Joseph had been working on several years: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/sex-n ... cle?page=6
There is link for download there but it's not working.

Somehow I couldn't find anything about it anywhere.
Do you have any information or could anyone ask Jon? I couldn't find any contact for him either...
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

(contains details sent by PM)
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Dimouse

Post by Dimouse »

Thanks a lot!