anyone else an Elite:Dangerous funder?

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Steve B
Forum God
Forum God

anyone else an Elite:Dangerous funder?

Post by Steve B »

i would find it hard to believe that no-one else here has funded the Elite: Dangerous kickstarter! (actually, i know that at least two of you have)

are you active on the Elite: Dangerous - Frontier Forums ?
If so, do you use the same name as here? (I do)
I C 64 People

Computers can never replace human stupidity
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: anyone else an Elite:Dangerous funder?

Post by Chris Abbott »

I was too into the music to spend the time on Elite, but I'm glad they did it: I hope it works out.

I was going to do a "Back in Time - Dangerous" kickstarter which is an MMA tournament where you're only allowed to use moves featured in C64 games :)

OK, that might not be entirely true...
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Mano-
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Mano- »

I am, and I also backed Chris Roberts Star Ctizen, he who made Wing Commander.
Ferrara
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Ferrara »

I'm a founder for Elite:Dangerous - as a collector of the Elite -games on various platforms, it was impossible for me to just let it go. Pledged for the premium package + T-shirt :)
Steve B
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Steve B »

I have Elite on every system I own that it is available for. When I found out about the Kickstarter I was well chuffed :-)
I started off with a £50 pledge, but that slowly climbed.
And climbed.
And climbed.
Now I am a Founding member of 'The Elite'.
I C 64 People

Computers can never replace human stupidity
Jan Lund Thomsen
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Jan Lund Thomsen »

I kept an eye on the Elite:Dangerous kickstarter when it showed up, but chose not to participate when it was obvious that it was going to succeed whether I chipped in or not. I mostly played Elite on the Amiga, but never sank weeks/months into it as others did, so I thought I'd survive missing out on the remake. :D

That being said, I thnk I might have developed a case of crowdfunding-fatigue from seeing projects being created for stuff that was, for one reason or another, unable to connect with it's intended audience. Whether it was because the audience wasn't as big as expected to start with ("Turn to 400" springs to mind, finishing at £15.659 with a goal of £40.000), due to horribly aggressive marketing and sky-high budgets (Alpha Colony), or finishing $8 short of its 50K budget (Alpha Colonys second shot at getting funding.) Also, I pledged $25 towards Project: Giana (as it was called back then) to get the soundtrack. Shortly after it gets a released on Bandcamp as an $8 download. (grumble, grumble)

Hopefully Wasteland 2 and the "From Bedrooms to Billions" documentary (both of which I've supported) will see the light of day at one point.
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Jan Lund Thomsen wrote: That being said, I thnk I might have developed a case of crowdfunding-fatigue from seeing projects being created for stuff that was, for one reason or another, unable to connect with it's intended audience.
Seems to be the topic of podcasts these days, its bound to happen, some projects will come to fruition others, wont its the nature of the beast.

I have funded a couple, but did it to show my support and actually dont expect I'll get anything, if I do.. bonus.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Mano-
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Mano- »

Ahriakin
Commodore Fan
Commodore Fan

Post by Ahriakin »

I wasn't a founder but I did get it on release. Enjoying it quite a bit at the moment, close enough to the original (as my aged memory sees it ;) ) but with enough updates to keep it modern.