Wanted: a music/sound effect maker in a game of mine

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Vigor

Wanted: a music/sound effect maker in a game of mine

Post by Vigor »

Hey,

I really love these C64 remixes, and I've been wondering, how much would it cost if I wanted to hire someone of you to make a track in a game of mine? I am starting an indie game development, and the music/sound effects is the only thing I need someone else to do for me. None of the tracks here fits perfectly in the game I am making, so it must be custom made. Also, there are some special requirements for the music, which does only work in the game. I am talking about dynamic music.

The music doesn't have to be super-high-quality-professional-work; even the low scored tracks on remix.kwed.org are purely awesome!

I can pay something, but not much. Honestly, I don't have an idea how much a 1 minute track would cost. I am a fair guy, and I will try to pay a fair price that I can afford. But I hope you could take this as your hobby, as I am taking the game development myself; in fact, I am trying to find a team member in my team, which currently consist of 1 person; me. Don't expect too much though, I have my own life too, and things can get delayed. But when I get excited about something, there's no stopping me.

Shortly, I am looking for a person to make games with me, someone who is as innovative as I am, someone who can support me with awesome ideas; develop games with me, and of course; make the music for it!

If anyone is interested into getting into the game development with the music of yours, contact me in PM.
Vigor

Re: Wanted: a music/sound effect maker in a game of mine

Post by Vigor »

Looks like I am not able to reply to PM's due to my low post count. I am wondering, what is the amount of posts needed to do so?
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

It's a good question... the amount of spammers who come onto boards like this, it's a necessary evil, I'm afraid.
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Vigor

Post by Vigor »

I see. I guess I just need to spam more. :)
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Well, tell us more about yourself then!
Vigor

Post by Vigor »

Well, I've been programming for over 10 years by now. Currently i'm in university, so I don't have much time for programming. Nevertheless, it's been my long lasting dream to get a musician to make games with me.

My head is filled with ideas, and that is my biggest problem. Every time I think about some game (or thing) which I'm planning, I get at least 1 new idea to it. So far I have around 100 game ideas written down, some which are very detailed. I think I love writing/designing more than making, but I would love to see my desings come alive too, and doing it myself is the easiest/fastest way currently.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Been there, had an idea about the T-shirt! By the time they become real and have been through the iteration of QA (and the cold water shower of financial reality), it becomes harder to feel the original love (or it's become a job).

One of the things I've become a bit more comfortable with as I've aged is to be slightly more wary of great exciting ideas which will take time away from doing the core stuff I really ought to be concentrating on. It's still difficult to resist the siren call of a fresh new idea though. Time is always the problem, especially later on when you have both older and younger dependents...
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

Chris Abbott wrote:Been there, had an idea about the T-shirt! By the time they become real and have been through the iteration of QA (and the cold water shower of financial reality), it becomes harder to feel the original love (or it's become a job).

One of the things I've become a bit more comfortable with as I've aged is to be slightly more wary of great exciting ideas which will take time away from doing the core stuff I really ought to be concentrating on. It's still difficult to resist the siren call of a fresh new idea though. Time is always the problem, especially later on when you have both older and younger dependents...
Great words of wisdom. :cheers:
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Vigor

Post by Vigor »

Chris Abbott wrote:One of the things I've become a bit more comfortable with as I've aged is to be slightly more wary of great exciting ideas which will take time away from doing the core stuff I really ought to be concentrating on. It's still difficult to resist the siren call of a fresh new idea though. Time is always the problem, especially later on when you have both older and younger dependents...
Yeah. I once shut off my brain too, for that same reason, but I don't want to do it again. It made me completely dull and boring.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Kind of depends what else is vying for your time, really... :)