3D scanners and printers coming down......

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

3D scanners and printers coming down......

Post by Commie_User »

For £650 you can buy a 3D scanner:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... inter.html?

Apparently you can make 3D replicas of whatever you like, though they will only be similar to waxworks. Still, for retroheads that could come in handy for making cases and other spares for machines long dead.

However.....
Wow, when it can print with rubber the possibilities are enormous.
- harry , Fife, United Kingdom, 02/8/2013 17:26

Would you lot buy one?
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Re: 3D scanners and printers coming down......

Post by Chris Abbott »

Not for ages...
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Re: 3D scanners and printers coming down......

Post by Commie_User »

Well hopefully you may see one or two in public libraries, if the one in Chicago can jump-start the others.

I wouldn't mind having a go, though stuff I'd want to copy would be severely limited. I can't duplicate a mint, original Amiga can I.

Though other computer developments are more ominous, if these guys are to be believed. I don't mind opting in to browse the mucky stuff, or the more exciting websites, but apparently a communist-run filtering system will police those choices for people in the UK.

Personally I don't understand how, as it's supposed to be the ISPs themselves doing it. And even then, it only looks you'd merely be switching off restrictions, more accurately. But see what you think.