Firebird2 VST turns freeware..

Talk freely about the scene, the world of remixing, or anything off-topic unsuitable for the "Fun Forum".
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Firebird2 VST turns freeware..

Post by AndyUK »

Judging by the youtube vid, it has some really nice sounds.. Worth a shot for a freebie.

http://www.tone2.com/html/firebird_vsti ... zer_1.html
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Re: Firebird2 VST turns freeware..

Post by Commie_User »

They do like it '80s, don't they.
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

They don't like it up 'em though!
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Dumper
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Dumper »

Thanks for the link Andy.
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by AndyUK »

Been playing with this for a few days now and it has some really nice features... Oh and for the other set of sounds, click on the little 'setup' button from there you can loads the extra 3 banks of sounds under 'load factory bank'... took me a while to find that..
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

I love synths. 'Course I do, with my Commies, software and gear. I've just received a CD of Roland JX3 samples.

But does there come a point when you have too many? Many are different but others sound just the same.

Though the more programs and presets you have in your computer, the less fiddling you may need do with the controls.
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by AndyUK »

Too many is a bad thing, you end up searching more than you do doing.. have to agree with sounding the same though, so when i nice 'full' sounding synth turns up for free, i'm going to give it a go, and Firebird has punch to some of its sounds for sure.. It's not the be all and end all, but for certain sounds I'm liking what i hear. I mean if it means I spend less time , to be fair, struggling with EQ's to get that punch, then bonus.

But for now I'm still on a very steep learning curve, and somethings make that hill a little easier to climb heh..
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

Firebird has punch to some of its sounds for sure..
And there are plenty of cheap valve preamps on the market to 'analogue up' your software. And as me and Razmo may, there are also organ amps and the like to consider. That dusty £50 chuck-out down the flea market, tattered and forgotten, may be just the thing you need. And for me it has been.

Plenty of weedy sounds are suddenly full and acceptable. Like when they colourise a black and white movie and make a really great job of it.
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by AndyUK »

I like the idea of all that kit.. really do, but to be honest.. I have a M-Audio slave keyboard on my desk, my mouse and keyboard slung underneath, and a kenwood amp hooked up to my USB M-Audio USB Interface and that's it.. So at the most I have 5 Wires. That's what I like.

When myself, the good wife and the 2 kids move into a place where i can justify taking all that space up ( or rather, when the other half lets me :) ) then we'll see. Take a chunk of the basement, build myself a room down there, and that's it!!

But for now, its just too much ' stuff '.... and.. more to the point for what I do, would I ever use it.. ?
Analog-X64
I Adore My 64
I Adore My 64

Post by Analog-X64 »

AndyUK wrote: When myself, the good wife and the 2 kids move into a place where i can justify taking all that space up ( or rather, when the other half lets me :) ) then we'll see. Take a chunk of the basement, build myself a room down there, and that's it!!
I've thought about that, its been 10 years and I havent done anything with it. Why? Because you will never win. You build a man cave synth heaven down there and she will complain you are spending too much time down there, and leaving her alone. Dont say I didnt warn you.
d[-.-]b (+[___]x)d(>_<)b 52656d697836342e636f6d2073696d706c7920726f636b732120
Chris Abbott
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Chris Abbott »

Life's all about "balance", I guess: which generally means 80% of your time for other people, and 20% for you... :)
Won't somebody PLEASE think of the children?
Commie_User
Forum God
Forum God

Post by Commie_User »

Though what space? There are preamps only twice as big as a cigarette packet and maybe the same price now. And run in chain, you'd only need one more cable.

http://www.themicstore.co.uk/mic-pre-am ... tAod1k4AAg

You can do it behind her back. Will she even ever know?
AndyUK
Forum Celebrity
Forum Celebrity

Post by AndyUK »

behind her back?? that's never going to happen, and yes, she'd know.. :roll: